Chep pallets

Got my first trip into Chep at pontefract tomorrow to off hire some pallets. Can Anyone tell me the ‘Workings’ of this place as i have heard some stories of it being a bit of a ‘hell hole’
:open_mouth: Ie were to go and were not to go. Going in with the box rigid.
Cheers,

Hard hat and hi viz are compulsory,and waiting times can be long occasionally.

Pull up to the barrier,ring the buzzer,introduce yourself,and join the Q.

Ken.

could always ask margate he knows everything about chep pallets,he has his fingers in everything :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

kitkat:
could always ask margate he knows everything about chep pallets,he has his fingers in everything :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PMSL… nice one… he has been a bit quiet lately?

he’s out working will be on here tomorrow and boy i look forward to his humourous replies :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: no doubt i’ll have a couple of threatning text messages come my way :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the only place i got my fingers mate…will be in your eye sockets when i get hold of ya…ya skirt wearing nancy pmsl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

the bear wrote

he has been a bit quiet lately?

i am working from thursday morning till monday evening bear out of daventry for nettos so the couple of days i am home at the moment i spend with me family, unless like now she’s doing the housework and then i jump on quickly. but still about and lovin being behind the wheel mate :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bones:
Got my first trip into Chep at pontefract tomorrow to off hire some pallets. Can Anyone tell me the ‘Workings’ of this place as i have heard some stories of it being a bit of a ‘hell hole’
:open_mouth: Ie were to go and were not to go. Going in with the box rigid.
Cheers,

For starters…

(assume heading towards Hull) Come off at J32 and turn right. Follow the road into Pontefract. After about 1/2 mile you go under a bridge, pass a pub then Chep is on the left.

Pull into Chep and join the queues… :cry:
EVENTUALLY you’ll get to the barrier. You press the button and speak to them on the intercom - tell them the name of the company you’re de-hiring them for. They’ll let you in, you follow the road round to the left and you eventually come to a stop sign. More waiting :cry: . A forkie will then come and tell you where he wants you. After unloading the forkie will give you a slip. Follow the road round the left of the building and go to the window, hand over the slip then the person at the window will give you a receipt note for the pallets then FREEEEDOM…

TWO HOURS WAIT TO GET UNLOADED IS NOT UNCOMMON

Dinnertime is around 12.30.[/b]

If Chep there is anything like Chep over here then I don’t hold out much hope for you seeing home again in the next few days :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I have taken two loads into the local Chep pallet distributor ‘School house transport’ of Gloversville NY, the first incident I arrived at 3.00pm and imediately got on with the English woman who worked at the desk and pronised her fellow ex pat ‘speedy service’ and anytime you are in the area call in for a cuppa, she went home an hour later and at 7.00pm I lost my cool, went back into the office, grabbed my paperwork and drove out, load and all :exclamation:
Second time was to collect a load and having been promised (after the previous experience) I would be in and out within an hour arrived on site at 2.30pm, … at 5.00pm I just drove out and home, forget the damm load, it can’t be that important :exclamation:
I have no idea who took that load but I sure as hell will never go there again :laughing:

I drive past the Birmingham Chep pallet dump daily, and there is always a queue of vehicles to load and tip. Gets even worse nearer Xmas when the queue reaches the road and snakes along lane one of the dual carriageway.

Thank god I never have to go there, but my sympathies go out to those of you who do.

Calv

margatemafia:
the only place i got my fingers mate…will be in your eye sockets when i get hold of ya…ya skirt wearing nancy pmsl :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LMFAO :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Funny,Marge :smiley:

WRONG ADVICE :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

When you pull into the site, the first thing you must do is stop at the ticket box on the right hand side, pick up a blank slip of paper and run it through the clocking in machine. If you don’t do this and they’re busy, when they ask you for the time on your slip you’ll look very stupid and if they’re that way out they’ll send you round the system to the back of the queue :exclamation:.

Additionally, if you have less than 100 pallets you need to pull up in the right hand lane only. Generally, when they let you in you pull straight forward and unload there. Usually you only turn left round the back of the stacks if you have more than 100 pallets.

If you don’t have a hard hat it’s no problem as the forkie will lend you one.

On my last visit there the chick at the booking out window is extremely tasty and totally deflates any tension built up inside for having to wait a long time to be tipped :sunglasses: .

Cheers.

Your bang on Rob! Me and this other driver missed these ticket machines (Very very small and no signs)

Luckily when we got to the front they explianed and a few ‘sorry first time here’ managed to diffuse the situation.

Didnt see the tasty bird though. Maybe next time. Jct 41 still winnig at the moment :smiley: :smiley:

Bones:
Jct 41 still winnig at the moment :smiley: :smiley:

As I am in Junc 41 tomorrow (I assume 41 is Morrisons) what and where am I looking?? I have only seen blokes in Morrisons??

ambient goods in office, A couple of new recruits i think :smiley: :smiley:

Bones:
ambient goods in office, A couple of new recruits i think :smiley: :smiley:

oh yessssss… :open_mouth: :blush: :blush: :smiling_imp:

Rob K:
WRONG ADVICE :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

When you pull into the site, the first thing you must do is stop at the ticket box on the right hand side, pick up a blank slip of paper and run it through the clocking in machine…

Ah, they’ve changed it since I was last there then.

ive had the misfortune to collect full loads (390) of empty blues from both brum and pontefract this week. i arrived at brum 1500 on thursday and pulled out at 2015 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: , friday i loaded pontefract arriving 1249 (on my clock card!!) and loaded and leaving for 1600 ish.. but im paid by the hour so i have no worries sitting there forever :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

im A bit late posting to this due to the fact i work collecting pallets for chep and have had one of them weeks where nothings gone right and ive been getting home late and,(well you know what fits here, ) ive been working out of ponte this last few weeks, although i normaly work out of beeston, rob k has it dead right.

This is why i never post to who goes where because it would take pages to put in all the places i go collecting pallets, then back to chep tip then off for another load and so on and so on, ive had some two hour waits this week but then ive been tipped and through in twenty mins, i would rather work out of beeston because i got used to the area and the system but i have to go where sent.