Chemical tanker firms

Hi all,
Can anybody suggest any chemical tanker firms in the north east that do not necessarily advertise vacancies ? I’ve got my name in with Dennis Dixon who have no vacancies at the moment, den hartoh who I’ve chased up but without a yes or no and hoyer on the petrol whom I have now decided not to Persue.

I have a feeling that it is my lack of experience pulling a tanker and the same with chemicals that doesn’t make me an attractive proposal.

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated, I have 20 years on the road,5 years ADR and 5 years CPC. I should mention I have no ADR experience.

I appreciate any help with some door opening.

Thanks all.

I would say Teeside is probably the easiest place to get a start on tankers, but the big companies will want experienced drivers, knock on a few doors, Park your car near Teesport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers wheel nut, yea I’ve already been door knocking with the larger firms and I cannot get a straight answer as soon as I mention I have no experience, I was hoping somebody might have some insider knowledge about any smaller firms that do not seem to advertise but go by word of mouth. Cheers.

Try to get some tanker experience on food stuffs, waste etc, a few months on one of them and you’re not as big a risk for an adr firm, less to take in at once etc

Try Halcyon Tankers at Port Clarence.

the maoster:
Try Halcyon Tankers at Port Clarence.

Thanks maoster, I’m going to call in to halcyon tankers tomorro as well as bertschi on my day off…if there is more hmmmmmmming and ahhhhhhhhhing I think I shall take stevieboys advice and get some non adr tanker experience, why the hell I didn’t think of that in the first place is beyond me…thanks stevie.

I’m a mate of the boss at Halcyon, he’s the same fella who ran Imperial Tankers who in turn took me on with zero tanker experience. Tbh they like it that was as you are basically a clean sheet and can be trained their way. Good luck anyway bud.

Isotank take on newbies, and try Bulkhaul, but they really want there pound of flesh.
Sapper

the maoster:
I’m a mate of the boss at Halcyon, he’s the same fella who ran Imperial Tankers who in turn took me on with zero tanker experience. Tbh they like it that was as you are basically a clean sheet and can be trained their way. Good luck anyway bud.

Cheers maoster,I’m heading up to port Clarence in the morning,thanks for the heads up and I’ll let you know the outcome.

sapper:
Isotank take on newbies, and try Bulkhaul, but they really want there pound of flesh.
Sapper

Much appreciated sapper.

the maoster:

Thanks for the heads up maoster but it was a no go today because of my limited experience on chemical tankers, still,I did have a pleasant chat with the young lad on the desk and the secretary and they pointed me in the right direction to get the experience, she printed me off an application form and told me I would be on file and to get back in touch in the future.

Thanks sapper, I left halyons yard and into iso tank yard ( that’s a rough bugger ) at Redcar but they have no vacancies but was asked to fill out a form for the future then into Sutton’s in Stockton on the way home and again no vacancies at the moment but asked to fill out another form.

Thanks for the help,it’s just a case of wait and see now.

That’s a pity mate. Keep plugging away and I guarantee you’ll get a start sooner rather than later.

Good luck anyway.

Not chemicals but there’s a BOC depot in teesport, same road in as asda and container yard, doubt you can drive in but gas tankers are decent work

You could try Joel A Moseley in Scott Bros’ yard at Port Clarence, XPO at Wilton (powder and liquid), William Nicol (outbase in Billingham), HP Freightways in Sutton’s old yard and GCA North, again in Scotty’s yard.

There’s also waste firms that run vac tanks like Augean in Port Clarence, Acumen on Bowesfield Lane in Stockton, Veolia, Cape and Harper’s in Cowpen Lane Industrial Estate, CSG in Grangetown and WSG (formerly CIS) on Skippers Lane.

DHL (before the Sutton’s takeover) used to take on drivers with no tanker experience (usually starting with non-hazardous loads for the first month or so prior to moving up to ADR ones).

I’m looking to get onto bulk chemical tankers myself after clocking up a year or so of C+E experience.

I would follow Stevieboy308’s advice and start on food grade tankers (Abbey, etc) until you can prove you can tip one without mangling the vessel! :open_mouth:

Garbo2018:
You could try Joel A Moseley in Scott Bros’ yard at Port Clarence, XPO at Wilton (powder and liquid), William Nicol (outbase in Billingham), HP Freightways in Sutton’s old yard and GCA North, again in Scotty’s yard.

There’s also waste firms that run vac tanks like Augean in Port Clarence, Acumen on Bowesfield Lane in Stockton, Veolia, Cape and Harper’s in Cowpen Lane Industrial Estate, CSG in Grangetown and WSG (formerly CIS) on Skippers Lane.

DHL (before the Sutton’s takeover) used to take on drivers with no tanker experience (usually starting with non-hazardous loads for the first month or so prior to moving up to ADR ones).

I’m looking to get onto bulk chemical tankers myself after clocking up a year or so of C+E experience.

I would follow Stevieboy308’s advice and start on food grade tankers (Abbey, etc) until you can prove you can tip one without mangling the vessel! :open_mouth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz95_VvTxZM

Nice one Garbo, that’s a canny list,thanks…I’ve got four application forms in at the moment, if I don’t get any joy I will definately give that list a go…

fridger:
Not chemicals but there’s a BOC depot in teesport, same road in as asda and container yard, doubt you can drive in but gas tankers are decent work

Cheers fridger…