Chelsea bridge

Hello, can any of you people out there tell me if you can still turn right off of the embankment and go over Chelsea bridge in an artic, i’m tipping at 3663 Battersea monday morning.
It’s been a long time since i’ve been to Battersea.
Many thanks.

I have a feeling that chelsea bridge is closed for roadworks. Hopefully someone will confirm if I’m right.

The live traffic camera shows it open
http://www.londontraffic.org/chelseabridge/

I don’t believe there is any restriction on right turns from the embankment. (Unless they have been imposed recently)

Martin:
The live traffic camera shows it open
http://www.londontraffic.org/chelseabridge/

I don’t believe there is any restriction on right turns from the embankment. (Unless they have been imposed recently)

I seem to remember a weight/width restriction a while back but i can’t remember if it was permenent or not ■■

yes its ok to right off the embankment . filter light for right turn, no weight restrictions

Top man Manhoot71, many thanks.

manhoot71:
yes its ok to right off the embankment . filter light for right turn, no weight restrictions

It certainly used to have a 17/18T limit. Are you sure about this?

44 Tonne Ton:

manhoot71:

Yes sure use it a lot, dont think there has ever been a restriction on chelsea bridge you may be thinking of Albert bridge (the one before ) which currently closed for a refurb. Or are you thinking of the night time ban where all trucks over 17ton are banned from midnight to 07.00

manhoot71:

44 Tonne Ton:

manhoot71:

Yes sure use it a lot, dont think there has ever been a restriction on chelsea bridge you may be thinking of Albert bridge (the one before ) which currently closed for a refurb. Or are you thinking of the night time ban where all trucks over 17ton are banned from midnight to 07.00

That’s why I thought chelsea bridge was closed, the sign probably said diversion over chelsea bridge.

manhoot71:

44 Tonne Ton:

manhoot71:

Not thinking of the LBTS, I did think there was a weight limit but not been over it for quite a while and I think Alzheimers might be at work!

No probs over Chelsea Bridge, used to go in that way at night when it was my regular depot. Hole of a place…was tighter than 2 coats of paint!! When u go under the 2nd railway bridge, take a left at the pub (Queen(s) Head/Vic or summat) and the depot is just round on the left, u can see the trucks over the wall. Occasionally i went straight up the A4 Brompton Road and where it meets up with Kensington Road, take a tight right down Sloane St and out through Sloane Sq and straight out other side to Chelsea Bridge. If you choose the Sloane Sq route, Keep way out wide (if in an artic) as when u get to the bottom to turn left, there is a traffic island where you wouldn’t want to see one…made for a tricky maneouvre/reverse in the dark the 1st time i was told to try it as an alternative route! Oh, and hope u dont get put on (thinks) bay 7 by the wall…thats had many r/n/s trailer spray flaps/guards for lunch!!

Actrosman , is that where the bus place is ■■ We had a tip down there too . Not fun at 44 t :open_mouth:

Chelsea Bridge is fine to use ,

shade:
Actrosman , is that where the bus place is ■■ We had a tip down there too . Not fun at 44 t :open_mouth:

Chelsea Bridge is fine to use ,

Thats the place mate,must be the worst depot we have to deliver to, unless someone knows different. Oooh, hang on…our place is ■■■■■ if u turn up after 0530 and you’re in an artic!!