Cheers Mate Your a Top Fella

I hope that the driver is on here that stopped my diesel being nicked last night as I never had a proper chance to say cheers :smiley:

I was parked on the A3 last night just outside of Lisburn and had a knock on my door at 02:00.

This driver was there who told me that he had caught two lads messing with my diesel tanks as he went by, and they legged it when he stopped to have a word with them. Because of this there was no damage to the tank or caps

After telling me the good news he just jumped in his truck and shot off ASAP.

So if you are on here cheers mate I owe you one :smiley:

Makes a change to see a positive post like that. When I saw the title, I was expecting another ā€œcheers to the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  who cut me up this morningā€ threads :laughing:

Good news,especially if you think that its dangerous too,to catch someone who canā€™t out as his Car is near parked.

m4rky:
I hope that the driver is on here that stopped my diesel being nicked last night as I never had a proper chance to say cheers :smiley:

I was parked on the A3 last night just outside of Lisburn and had a knock on my door at 02:00.

This driver was there who told me that he had caught two lads messing with my diesel tanks as he went by, and they legged it when he stopped to have a word with them. Because of this there was no damage to the tank or caps

I sure hope this trend continues with diesel not being nicked.

Good job by the lorry driver. This day and age people wonā€™t stop or help others in need

Where exactly did this happen mate,i live very near there and didnt think it went on,i see the odd truck in the laybys around here overnight.

BIGRIG1:
Where exactly did this happen mate,i live very near there and didnt think it went on,i see the odd truck in the laybys around here overnight.

:grimacing: Dont seat on the Computer then.Go out to the Lorry and watch your Diesel :bulb:

Parked up in the Asda car park, Merthyr Tydfil for a 45 break, just come from our depot in Swansea, Enterprise Park(They donā€™t mind as long as your in the left hand corner).

Two units turn up, the drivers had been parked in local laybys and the police had woke them up, and advised them to move to the Asda carpark, cctv etc, just shows plod can be ok sometimes.Both had their tachos signed.

The reason was a spate of diesel theft in the area.

BIGRIG1:

It was in the lay-by just off the M1 junction heading towards Lisburn. Its where people seem to leave their cars during the day; maybe to car share into Belfast??

Iā€™ve parked there quite a few times and never had any problems - but never again :frowning:

Immigrant:
Good news,especially if you think that its dangerous too,to catch someone who canā€™t out as his Car is near parked.

Donā€™t these people have untaxed flatbed vans with broken white goods on the back? When you try and get close enough to read the number (being totally obscured by grime) the scruffy jumper wearing gits get out with their baseball bats etc. :open_mouth:

The police are too scared to do anything about them, so all they have to do when questioned is deny everything including the apparent footage of lookalike-ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  that is on the cameras! :frowning:

m4rky:

Well done that driver, nice one. :wink:

m4rky:

BIGRIG1:

It was in the lay-by just off the M1 junction heading towards Lisburn. Its where people seem to leave their cars during the day; maybe to car share into Belfast??

Iā€™ve parked there quite a few times and never had any problems - but never again :frowning:

Yeah i know where you are arite,crazy how it goes on on your doorstep and you wouldnt think it like,i just live a few miles on the other side of the roundabout in Moira,a safe place near there is if you take the A26 main airport/Antrim road off the roundabout (just next to the Lisburn road) and head up there about 3 miles on left and stop at the Texaco filling station,lots and lots of truck parking at the rear,and if you are along the fence at the farm supplies business next to it id say their cctv would pick you up,although they arent 24hour or have even a public toilet,but food,shop and chippy to about 10pm.No decent truck parking in Ireland,especially in the North.

OVLOV JAY:
When I saw the title, I was expecting another ā€œcheers to the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  who cut me up this morningā€ threads :laughing:

I have to admit that was what I was thinking to :blush:

Anyway what a good story about a driver who took the trouble to stop, ā€œTop Fellaā€ indeed :wink:

Andy smg:

m4rky:

Well done that driver, nice one. :wink:

Glad of the driver chasing them off, very good of him - couldā€™ve easily turned nasty.

Not sure Iā€™d appreciate being woke up at 2am though.

I almost always park in truck stops or services, do what I can to protect the load and diesel, but some bosses (like the 1 I worked for last week) wonā€™t pay parking, I paid out of my pocket 2 of the nights, 3rd was at home, but 1 was on side of the road, if someone tried nicking anything out of the trailer or fuel tank that night, itā€™d have been tough.

Some choose to park in laybyā€™s or on industrial estates, sometimes you just run out of hours, but I do think thereā€™s a shortage of decent and preferably secure truck parking in this country and bosses refusing to pay parking isnā€™t helping, I wouldnā€™t defend their goods / diesel if their goods / diesel arenā€™t worth 20 quid parking.

BIGRIG1:

m4rky:

BIGRIG1:

Yeah i know where you are arite,crazy how it goes on on your doorstep and you wouldnt think it like,i just live a few miles on the other side of the roundabout in Moira,a safe place near there is if you take the A26 main airport/Antrim road off the roundabout (just next to the Lisburn road) and head up there about 3 miles on left and stop at the Texaco filling station,lots and lots of truck parking at the rear,and if you are along the fence at the farm supplies business next to it id say their cctv would pick you up,although they arent 24hour or have even a public toilet,but food,shop and chippy to about 10pm.No decent truck parking in Ireland,especially in the North.

Cheers BIGRIG1 Iā€™ll give that spot a go next week :slight_smile: