Checking oil levels on Volvo and Dafs

How do you check the oil on the new Volvo and Daf trucks now ?

On the dash in the ovlov

Dunno about dafs… don’t drive crap :sunglasses:

how new ■■ as in brand new?

Daf’s there is a big round knob, press the knob in and the onboard computer screen lights up. turn the knob left or right to go up / down the menu. press the knob in to select the option highlighted.

Volvo’s not too sure about.

Go as fast as you can through a roundabout, if the red oil warning light comes on then it needs oil :open_mouth:

Robertthegreat:
How do you check the oil on the new Volvo and Daf trucks now ?

Might help if you gave the exact model and year so that others can give precise answers :bulb:

Volvo FH/FM The ones I have driven recently go through a start up sequence on the dash when you turn ignition on, watch the dash and you will see the oil level flash up…

DAF CF (Dunno about XF) To the left and slightly below the 3 round heater controls, there is a large round black knob, turn ignition on, press knob once, you will get a display on dash, variuos menus to choose from, think its the top one poss ‘vehicle information’ press that and next menu will have oil level on it, press knob and level will be displayed, do this BEFORE starting engine, as it takes about half hour after switching engine off before display will show the level gain…

BigJon:
Daf’s there is a big round knob, press the knob in and the onboard computer screen lights up. turn the knob left or right to go up / down the menu. press the knob in to select the option highlighted.

Or you can tilt the cab and use the dipstick :slight_smile:

Sorry about that did it quick the Volvo’s are FH’s from plate 57 to 09.
The Daf as been answered.
Thanks

newmercman:
Go as fast as you can through a roundabout, if the red oil warning light comes on then it needs oil :open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Volvos have a stalk on the RH side of the steering wheel. It has an arrow for “enter” and “Esc” for escape. The end of the stalk lets you go up and down through the menus. Oil level is in there somewhere, but the engine must be off of course.
If you ever get an error on screen while driving, “Esc” clears it off the screen. You can go and find any errors again in the menu under diagnostics I think.

volvo’s usually have a dipstick under the grille

mark h:

The FM’s do, not sure about the FH’s though… :question:

Coddy:

mark h:

i drove a 56 plate fh 480, tha had 1 under the grille above the header tank, but his post asks 57-09 so i might b wrong

mark h:

Coddy:

mark h:

i drove a 56 plate fh 480, tha had 1 under the grille above the header tank, but his post asks 57-09 so i might b wrong

You could be right, the FM one is visible without lifting the grill, never bother with the Fh as the comp does it for you…

newmercman:

:grimacing: that just solong as all Wheels on the Road :exclamation: