Checking driver cpc records

Good news (for those that are doing the DCPC)

JAUPT have just sent me this ;

Drivers set to be able to check their Driver CPC periodic training records online.
GB drivers working towards Driver CPC will soon be able to go online to check records of the periodic training they’ve done.
The service will also let drivers give current or prospective employers temporary access to their training record. This is so they can confirm how much periodic training the driver has done in their five year cycle.
The service should benefit trainers by providing a clear and simple online record for drivers — reducing the need to respond to individual driver’s and operator’s enquiries.
When the service has been launched, drivers will be able to register to use it at Check your Driver CPC periodic training hours - GOV.UK. This link won’t work until the service is launched
Uploading training records
The service will tell drivers that it will take up to five days for their training record to be updated.
As trainers, it’s important that you add training records within five days of course completion (as set out in your terms and conditions).
If a training record isn’t updated within five days, drivers are being told to contact the trainer directly. If a centre doesn’t respond satisfactorily to their query, drivers can then raise with DSA via dcpc.complaints@dsa.gsi.gov.uk.
Linking to the service
When the service has been launched, you can put a button on your website that links to the service.
Training certificates
You can also add the following message to the training certificate you issue at the end of your training course — helping to raise awareness of the service to drivers: Check your periodic training has been recorded at Check your Driver CPC periodic training hours - GOV.UK
You’ll receive information announcing the launch of the service shortly.

There ya go - JAUPT making improvements :smiley:

We were told on the DCPC course that all trainer data bases will eventually be linked together to check individual uploads, to stop people taking the same module over and over again to get the 35 hours logged.

Didn’t think there was anything stopping you taking the same course again and again

roadrunner:
We were told on the DCPC course that all trainer data bases will eventually be linked together to check individual uploads, to stop people taking the same module over and over again to get the 35 hours logged.

there is nothing to stop anyone doing the same module over and over again to get their 35 hrs, the law only states you have to do 35 hrs training in 7 hr blocks or this 7 hrs can be split in 2 as long as you take the second part within 24 hrs ( before anyone pulls me up). it just states the the modules have to be jaupt approved. so the e.u parliment would have to change the legislation to stop people doing the same module repeatedly, the same as you only have to attend and it don’t matter if you spend the whole 7 hrs asleep :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

roadrunner:

You do know that most DCPC trainers come out with complete ■■■■■■■■ on the courses and this is just another example? :wink:

My first 7 hours was the Level D aviation thing and it is only valid for 2 years so I’ll be doing the same course again in 2013 and it will count. A company could decide they want their drivers to do a tacho course each year to keep them up to date with the regulations and make sure they aren’t forgetting anything, in which case the drivers could do the same course 5 times and still get the DCPC.

roadrunner:

JAUPT have their own central database where the training centre uploads the course number and driver number (and pays £8.75 per driver) within 5 days of the course. Therefore JAUPT/DSA already know which course on which day was attended by who. The training centres have no choice in this. I can’t see where your trainer was coming from - what he says WILL happen already happens and has since day one.

The rules allow the same course to be sat over and over … if JAUPT/DSA wanted to stop this happening they just need to specify it in the regulations. But I can’t see how they would enforce this.

EXAMPLE
I have a course Number 12345 titled DRIVERS HOURS RULES

A training centre round the corner has a course Number 24689 titled DRIVER ESSENTIALS (but this covers drivers hours)

Both courses could have the same or very similar content. A driver attends each and each training centre uploads that drivers licence number. To JAUPT/DSA he has done 2 different courses 12345 & 24689. Effectively he did the same course content just with a different title and course number.

Also - I have a MODULAR course which has a single course number - i.e ABC/123. This course consists of six 31/2 hour modules all with their own title and content - all different. I can deliver any two modules on a day. So driver on day 1 does module 1 & 2. On day 2 he does module 3 & 5 etc etc

When I upload the data to the central database - I only have the one single course number of ABC/123 and JAUPT/DSA have no way of knowing which individual modules the driver attended.

To make it worse … some of these six modules are not approved for PSV/PCV drivers - yet a PSV/PCV driver could sit through one that isn’t approved for PSV/PCV and JAUPT wouldn’t know because they just see the single course number ABC/123

Coffeeholic:

roadrunner:

You do know that most DCPC trainers come out with complete ■■■■■■■■ on the courses and this is just another example? :wink:

My first 7 hours was the Level D aviation thing and it is only valid for 2 years so I’ll be doing the same course again in 2013 and it will count. A company could decide they want their drivers to do a tacho course each year to keep them up to date with the regulations and make sure they aren’t forgetting anything, in which case the drivers could do the same course 5 times and still get the DCPC.

So it would seem. :smiley:

shep532:

roadrunner:

JAUPT have their own central database where the training centre uploads the course number and driver number (and pays £8.75 per driver) within 5 days of the course. Therefore JAUPT/DSA already know which course on which day was attended by who. The training centres have no choice in this. I can’t see where your trainer was coming from - what he says WILL happen already happens and has since day one.

The rules allow the same course to be sat over and over … if JAUPT/DSA wanted to stop this happening they just need to specify it in the regulations. But I can’t see how they would enforce this.

EXAMPLE
I have a course Number 12345 titled DRIVERS HOURS RULES

A training centre round the corner has a course Number 24689 titled DRIVER ESSENTIALS (but this covers drivers hours)

Both courses could have the same or very similar content. A driver attends each and each training centre uploads that drivers licence number. To JAUPT/DSA he has done 2 different courses 12345 & 24689. Effectively he did the same course content just with a different title and course number.

Also - I have a MODULAR course which has a single course number - i.e ABC/123. This course consists of six 31/2 hour modules all with their own title and content - all different. I can deliver any two modules on a day. So driver on day 1 does module 1 & 2. On day 2 he does module 3 & 5 etc etc

When I upload the data to the central database - I only have the one single course number of ABC/123 and JAUPT/DSA have no way of knowing which individual modules the driver attended.

To make it worse … some of these six modules are not approved for PSV/PCV drivers - yet a PSV/PCV driver could sit through one that isn’t approved for PSV/PCV and JAUPT wouldn’t know because they just see the single course number ABC/123

Interesting thanks for that. :wink:

this should have been set up before dcpc

I like the fact I only need one dcpc to cover me for both coach and truck.

the whole thing is a load of ROLLOCKS,i’ve done 21hrs and i’ve learnt NOTHING new,mind you,i’ve been driving for 25yrs,ok,i don’t know it all,but 25 years must mean something.MONEY MAKING EXCERISE!!! :imp: