Check those tyres.... sorry another YouTube vid

How do you like them apples… :smiley:

Was his load strapped correctly, were they load bearing curtains… Lucky the car was in the wrong lane (what was wrong with lane 2?) or it could’ve been much worse.

Looks more like the locking ring coming off that the tyre exploding.

waynedl:
Was his load strapped correctly, were they load bearing curtains.

it looks like a flatbed loaded with crates and secured with only a net on top, business as usual but I’m impressed by the reflexes of the driver - I’d only start looking for the flasher button after having stopped safely, not pushing it a split second after the blowout :smiley:

milodon:

waynedl:

it looks like a flatbed loaded with crates and secured with only a net on top, business as usual but I’m impressed by the reflexes of the driver - I’d only start looking for the flasher button after having stopped safely, not pushing it a split second after the blowout :smiley:

Sorry, yeah it is a flat bad, was a hint at another thread, should’ve watched vid again :blush:

Some vehicles put the hazards on automatically under severe braking and possibly other times, no idea with that vehicle though. He did well

milodon:

waynedl:

noticed the van behind who stopped on hard shoulder only put hazards on after he stopped, :slight_smile:

Longman.

Two words…BLOODY HELL!!!

Thats one of my biggest fears when at work, going down the motorway and the tyres pops! Especially if i was carrying 14ton of steel.
Whats the best way to deal with it if it happens?

mustve been worst for this driver because he seems to be going faster than 56mph :open_mouth:

Two words…BLOODY HELL!!!

Thats one of my biggest fears when at work, going down the motorway and the tyres pops! Especially if i was carrying 14ton of steel.

mustve been worst for this driver because he seems to be going faster than 56mph :open_mouth:

Stonehouse69:
Two words…BLOODY HELL!!!

I’ll be honest, it’s 1 of my biggest fears with towing my caravan, don’t really worry about it any other time, but something about the caravan makes me worry, maybe the fact if it did go, it’s going to cost ME an arm and a leg??
I run ultraseal in the caravan tyres, it’s supposed to keep them cooler = less chance of a blow out. I check the tyre pressures before a run, and stop and check tyre temp (touch with hand - nothing sophisticated) after about 20 mins of decent road, but the wory is still there.

I’ve had a tyre go on a car, and on a motorbike, but never on a truck. I’ve had flat tyres on a truck, but always when in the yard or at a delivery / collection - usually scrap metal places :imp:

There are some clips on youtube somewhere that tell you how to control a front tyre blow out. It says not to drive on the limiter & if your front steer tyre blows out your supposed to plant your right foot hard on the accelerator to keep control. Interesting watch

youtube.com/watch?v=8znCgvHM … re=related