check this out

Volvo Trucks Emergency braking at its best!
I pray one day all 18 wheelers will have these brakes!
facebook.com/photo.php?v=517825464950828

deandeane1:
Volvo Trucks Emergency braking at its best!
I pray one day all 18 wheelers will have these brakes!
facebook.com/photo.php?v=517825464950828

screw that i would crap myself before i got that close

Need brakes like this for the frigging M62 road works lol :smiley:

deandeane1:
Need brakes like this for the frigging M62 road works lol :smiley:

A good driver wouldn’t! Volvo only put these gadgets on there vehicles because Volvo drivers are ■■■■.

Should make this law on all new trucks rather than the Cpc BS would save many, many lives.

Silver_Surfer:
Should make this law on all new trucks rather than the Cpc BS would save many, many lives.

Imagine the common situation when you’re tailgating an LGV, pretty much all you can see is the back doors. If that LGV performs an emergency stop then you have a fraction of a second to react & apply your own emergency stop. Likewise the vehicle behind you . . . etc. etc. etc.

Unless all vehicles are fitted with similar devices at the same time then you are not going to save lives, you are simply moving the situation from the front of the vehicle to the rear.

A bloke whose opinion I respect immensely once said that seat belts, airbags, anti-lock brakes etc should all be stripped out of vehicles & a 6" spike fitted to the steering wheel, pointed at the drivers throat.

this is a direct link to the video on youtube…

youtube.com/watch?v=ridS396W2BY

but, this one is far better :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=0eChAKm1t3U

shuttlespanker:
but, this one is far better :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=0eChAKm1t3U

Brilliant !
They should test all Volvo Cars like that, then there wouldn’t be so many on the road. :laughing:

Yeah but if you’re tail gaiting chas then it’s tough ■■■■.