Check and Use Your Trailer Brake

Drempels:
Years ago, we had taps on the suzies. They were very useful in all sorts of situations. Sadly, the practice of judging everybody by the most stupid, has lead to a full-circle scenario, where the systems to protect the semi-morons have caused the reasonably intelligent to be lulled into a false sense of security, resulting in the numbing of their expectations, leading to their judgement of what is safe being wrong.

Hence, things like this happen.

taps on Suzies… I remember them well… if not careful the Suzies would wrap around taps in tight turn and turn the tap off! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lennoxtown:

Drempels:
Years ago, we had taps on the suzies. They were very useful in all sorts of situations. Sadly, the practice of judging everybody by the most stupid, has lead to a full-circle scenario, where the systems to protect the semi-morons have caused the reasonably intelligent to be lulled into a false sense of security, resulting in the numbing of their expectations, leading to their judgement of what is safe being wrong.

Hence, things like this happen.

taps on Suzies… I remember them well… if not careful the Suzies would wrap around taps in tight turn and turn the tap off! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, and it wouldn’t be the first time if turning didn’t disconnect a palm coupling either, which you wouldn’t realise until you had to brake somewhere down the road and all you could hear was the hissing of air from the unconnected yellow palm coupling as you tried to stop the bloody thing on unit brakes only with quickly emptying air tanks :open_mouth:

They were the days. No excitement now.

Nite Owl:
Aren’t tufnells mainly wag n drag? Do Mavis rails work with them? Sounds to me like a trailer brake wasnt applied.

ARE YOU ■■■■■■■ KIDDING?

This whole post is about just the thing!