Cheapest truckstop?

Exelby Services on the A19 northbound i think. £2.50 !!! Ok i think the cafe is closed by tea time and it doesn’t hold very many spaces, 20 tops i would guess. But theres a toilet a shower and a shop ,no cash machine but does take card. It does all the fuel cards as well. No security as such but the fuel forecourt is manned and its small enought to see whats going on. Half empty (or full) when i got there and all the laybys where full? Gotta be better than a layby surely? Anyway, don’t pass the word about to much as you might not get in then ! :wink:
Lets just see if the proposed new services by Wetherby charges ‘the going rate for the area’ when it opens !!

New services at weatherby Mike. is that whats going on down there?

Mike-C:
the proposed new services by Wetherby

:question: :question: :question: :question: :question: :open_mouth:

Must be going to be some services at Wetherby,judging by the amount of roadworks going on at the moment. :wink:

Best one for me,when I did nights out,and wasn’t far from Stevie.C’s gaff,went like this:

Free parking.
Free shower.
Free food.
Good company.

Answer■■?

My Mothers house at Gateshead… :laughing:

Ken.

Same as me Ken when i get up that way during the week. Home comforts are much better when you know your getting paid for them :wink: :smiley:

I thought everyone knew about this? I’ve known for almost a year. Anyway i do have the PDF brichure for it and i’ve looked again on www.christies.com website and it appears its not available unless you subscribe to the site so here’s some titbits…it’s gonna be at junction 46 BTW…

KIRK DEIGHTONHOTEL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITYLeeds Office Ref Number: 9/2379

Long Leasehold: Offers Invited - Turnkey Package Available
Annual Rent: On Application
UNDER OFFER Forming part of new 35 acre Motorway Services Area DevelopmentHigh profile location close major population centresDirect access off motorway junctionOutline planning for up to 126 bedroomsLimited hospitality competitionVariety of procurement options available

Moto Hospitality propose a high-quality MSA
comprising a dedicated amenity building on some
2,500 sq m, with restaurants, coffee lounge,
Timing
and shops, including a Marks & Spencer’s
MHL is proposing to commence development of the MSA in
“Simply Food” outlet. In addition, there will be
mid 2007 with a build programme of approximately 12 months.
forecourt facilities of some 325 sq m, together
with parking facilities on opening for approximately
Terms
320 cars, 76 HGV, 25 coaches/caravans.
MHL is seeking proposals on a variety of bases:

• A premium payment for a Long Lease (length of term to be
    There is an option to increase the parking capacities
    agreed) at a peppercorn rent for a serviced site with the
    to satisfy future demand.

Anyone wanna put in an offer for a butty van? :wink:

Well that’s the reason !!! J46 isn’t anywhere near Wetherby !!! :laughing: :unamused: :unamused:

J46 is Crossgates, East Leeds, about 10 miles away! And yes, I knew they were on about a truckstop there for a while now.

Rob K:
Well that’s the reason !!! J46 isn’t anywhere near Wetherby !!! :laughing: :unamused: :unamused:

J46 is Crossgates, East Leeds, about 10 miles away! And yes, I knew they were on about a truckstop there for a while now.

Sorry mate, i know thats your backyard and i was just going by what i read !!

I think Rob k is on about J46 M1 Mike not J46 A1M which explains the hotel

stevie.c:
Same as me Ken when i get up that way during the week. Home comforts are much better when you know your getting paid for them :wink: :smiley:

Hey we all know Kens mum. Don;t think you’re on your own in going there !!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Ypu no what i mean Mike

stevie.c:
I think Rob k is on about J46 M1 Mike not J46 A1M which explains the hotel

Ah … !

You’re right and I apologise Mike !!!

It’s actually gonna be HERE which is indeed J46 of the A1.

The junction nos. are too similar round there (A1/M1) and I was also getting confused with the hotel they’re building (built?) at M1 J46.

can stevie-c post more replies as his avatar …

sorry got distracted :blush: crackin avatar stevie-c

steadymabo:
can stevie-c post more replies as his avatar …

Just add the url to your favourites then you won’t need to wait for him to make replies because you’ll be able to look at it all day and night :

img1.jurko.net/avatar_3352.gif

The Green Wellie, on the the A141… :slight_smile: