Cheaper mobile phone cost

This might be of use; www.textbaysims.net

Look like decent prices, but not as cheap as my French sim in my newly unblocked English phone.

I pay about 12p/minute (by the second) within France and the same to a national platform number and then about 9p/min by the minute for the subsequent international call to the UK.
That is on a I month contract of about £8.

When I’m in the UK I can switch to my O2 pay as you go sim.

Much better than roaming.

Salut, David.

why would anyone that travels to the same country so often buy an overpriced sim card from a uk vendor?

it would be better and cheaper to pick up a sim card from a phone shop in the country they want one for.

until recently i’ve always paid less than 10 pence per text message anywhere in europe, this has (since june 1st) risen to 34 pence (a rise of nearly 500%), i am still at odds with the service provider and am considering my next step which could be ofcom but in the meantime i have purchased from a vodafone shop in germany a sim card for a pre pay account, this cost 19.99 euro and came with 10 euro credit on it. (£14.30 to buy and £7.14 credit).
i inserted the sim card and everything went into german language - i quickly found how to change the language to english and then called the customer services and changed the language i want to hear next time i call them into english too.
the same card bought through a sim card retailer would cost £29.99, over 50% more than i paid.
i suggest if you are travelling somewhere on a regular basis and want to save some money then check out a phone shop and unlike over here you can park your truck in the supermarket car park without being wheel clamped whilst you look in the phone shop.
the text mesages are 0.19 euro cents to another german number and 0.39 euro cents to another countries mobile network (14p and 28p), 2 other drivers from my company are also getting them next week.