cheap tyres

Tarmac duck:
which have you used Speck ?

See post 3

sorry speck stella was taking over :blush:

i look after the tyres as part of a fleet maintenance schedule on 21 18 tonners,and have used just about every tyre sold here.
continental were better than all the rest but costly.we had two blowouts in the first 3 years.and very few punctures.we are still running some original rear tyres having been re-grooved.(now 6 years old)
one thing i’ve started doing lately is sending all the old tyres for inspection/major repairs at a local tyre major repairer.out of 10 tyres we sent in the last batch,8 were repaired and re-grooved ready for another life.
with the current economic issues i’m really trying to eek out the rubber for this customer as it’s a big cost.
chinese stuff is cheap but doesn’t last very well at all.but it’s difficult to get this across to the customer as the initial cost is tempting.

hammer:
Hankook and Kingstone came out well but Double Coin were the best. I’ve actually still got one on my nearside middle axle thats just passed 200,000kms without a recut! :sunglasses: They are pretty cheap too but more pricey than remoulds. Even on tippers I’d say they’re a no-no.

Me and my big mouth…blew this tyre on the M56 the day after. Balls! :frowning:

sorry duck no such thing as cheap tyres they will cost you in the end

fuse:
sorry duck no such thing as cheap tyres they will cost you in the end

Like I say, I been using them since 2005. They haven’t cost me yet.

Bridgestone super singles steer just replaced 249.000 km mid axle use steer tyres off other trucks, which have new fitted ,run theseand cut them Drive axle tyres Bridgestone cut these two months ago comming up 251,000 km yup were happy with this :laughing:

The last tyre i had blow was on the mid axle a few weeks after i’d got the truck from Thompsons of Newcastle. A few days before i.d discovered a ‘hidden’ cut on the inside of the tyre covered in thick black tyre paint.
Lots of expensive genuine renault plastic bits to replace there then!!
Of course, thompsons denied all knowledge as you’d expect. :angry:

Just selling a two year old MAN XXL 26.440, drive axle tyres have 4mm left at 297000km. Thats Michelin for you

The same for me - fitted michelin last January - done 140k since and still got 11 - 12 mm on them. They cost me £330 apiece tho.

I really am crap at this posting lark - i tried to quote Knowalls post and ended up quoting myself - :blush:

Ive got a sentaida on the n/s 2nd steer - everytime I walk past it another 1 mm has disappeared!
the rest are 1 michelin remix and 10 hankooks and the michelin is fairing up aswell as the hankooks.

We use Barums now on everything at our place. the super singles have just gone up to £160 a piece and drives and fronts are £165 each delivered loose.
Have been using them for a couple of years now and never had a problem. They wear really nicely.

Steer clear of Regals, they are south African Dunlops very poor on front axles and the super singles spit the remainder of the tread off when they get to about 5mm. (they do on our tankers anyway)