Cheap Tug Boat for Sale

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -boat.html

Well strapped load…Well done drive. Think the crash bars and trailer legs saved it more than the boat to be fair.

Love the comment:

He added that the tug, which was owned by the marina, was ‘probably a write off’.

No ■■■■ Sherlock.

Ken.

One for the CSI team, but I wonder why the license plate isn’t on the trailer, has it fell off during the tug squashing incident or is it actually on the trailer next door (first two letters appear the same).

Anyway main thing is no one was hurt and heres what I believe to be a picture of the Tug in all her glory:

betug2.jpg

Sure the hull would survive and a new cabin is all thats needed.

mmmm,who forgot to put the trailer handbrake on?

is it just me or do the landing leg’s look like they are down?

philgor:

They look like they are down because the frame is on the deck. If it were on its tyres you would see the legs were in the raised position.

m1cks:

philgor:

They look like they are down because the frame is on the deck. If it were on its tyres you would see the legs were in the raised position.

though so, wanted a second opinion, was thinking that the driver had just dropped the trailer on the left, gone under the other with the shunt button in, and the unit look’s like a daf, and if it had an auto in it, well we all know what there like… nothing nothing nothing and hit the pit at 20mph…

jase:
mmmm,who forgot to put the trailer handbrake on?

And the unit park brake as well I would say. That close to the edge pulling the red line might not save you quickly enough either.

I reckon the boat is supporting a fair bit of weight there’s no strength in side bars and it doesn’t look like the chassis rails are touching the ground. Surprised the load stayed on as well as it did too.

Heres the main pictures I can find to help the CSI team:

article-2383801-1B1EDAF2000005DC-461a_634x418.jpg

article-2383801-1B1EDB10000005DC-307_634x404a.jpg

I’m going to take a stab that the trailer that entered the water is the second one to be delivered, landing legs are up and it would be akward (but not impossible) to strap the load down when the trailers are that close.

The trailer on the left is probably the first delivery and the driver dropped it and went back to the yard for the second waterbound trailer.

Now as the first trailer appears to be a single axle 20’ one and the waterbound trailer looks around 30’ (21’ scaffold tube and a sideguarded bit on the front for the clips and loose stuff approx 10’) is it possible the driver having dropped the first trailer and now putting the second one into position is lining up the headboards fogetting the waterbound trailer is 10’ longer than the first.

The license plate issue can be explained away as it may have just been forgotten after the first trailer was delivered.

The loading of the trailer also seems quite professional (not that your average on site scaffolder can’t acheive this) and I would guess they where loaded at the yard and this trailer was in the process of being delivered.

Just guessing…

Edit:
Also quite a good idea to attach some red and white bunting which will show if the trailers still slipping whilst waiting for the crane.

that crane doesn’t look anywhere near big enough to lift that in one… unless they plan on unloading it first…
please get a video of them releasing the first ratchet, please…

Im saying those legs are down. You can just about see where the sleeve that the legs wind into start.

That’s a sweet load - notice how the lads can access the tubes even though they’re on the bottom (being densest). But why the 8x4 sheets? Where are the 6’ planks?

I vote landing legs UP.

I think he was changing trailers, the legs certainly look as if they have been would up, or, it was dropped very low, and the driver had to give it a good push to lift it, anyway, if that company uses that yard regularly, then why havnt they got some railway sleepers, or concrete blocks near the waters edge, to stop that happening.