Cheap Truck

Got around 7 to 8 grand to spend on a truck for local container work what would be your choice

Something like this

usedtrucks.commercialmotor.com/a … unit-2007-

Renault they would be my last choice really never driven or owned 1 but heard a lot of stories
was thinking Man or daf or a older volvo scania

Denis F:
Something like this

usedtrucks.commercialmotor.com/a … unit-2007-

For £8,000, I’d say you couldn’t go far wrong with that.

I was given a similar budget to find a truck for a friend of mine who rans a race team, we found a 03 plate Scania 420.
But Personally when you are at that sort of budget, I think you have to forget makes and just look for good trucks regardless of badge. We looked at all sorts of makes before finding the Scania.

i was thinking a euro 3 manual would be better less things to go wrong

my magnum 480dxi ready for work tested in feb and not moved since youll not find a cleaner motor for the money, new rad/new heater blower/ new full exhaust / good tyres / good brakes all work carried out by rh commercials and keltruck drop me a pm mate £9k ono and its yours

the stories come from people that have never owned one

for the money you will not find a better cleaner truck for the money serviced in jan, she has been parked up since her test, just never got round to advertising her

i know the parts are expensive for renault

sheep1:

depends where you look

for £9k you could break her for spares and get you money back lol :laughing: inside the cab is near mint, you can have the renault seat covers and carpet and truck tables :grimacing: :stuck_out_tongue:

your more than welcome to come and take a look mate

sheep1:

Not in my experience. Renaults use the Volvo driveline, so if Renault parts were expensive you could always buy them from Volvo instead. Although I think you’d find the same part would cost far more if it had “Volvo” written on the box.

I honestly can’t fault my Renault. It might not have the badge appeal of the Scania griffin but I’m here to make money, not to wave my willy.

Iveco Stralis or Renault Premium are the most undervalued trucks on the market - good firsthand support on here for Renault.

Seems to be a lot of horror stories on here for MAN more than other makes. DAF is gonna be more money for an XF but also good support on here. There’ll be plenty of CFs and Merc Backsores around for sensible money but would you ever look at them fondly.

At less than £8k for a Volvo or Scania you’re going to have to fight an African with a carrier bag of bank notes for a truck that’s probably not even euro 2. Double your budget and you’ll be fighting Tommy the trucking wannabe with his redundancy cheque that wants a truck with a badge that matchs the baseball cap and jacket he bought at Truckfest.

Harry Monk:

sheep1:

Not in my experience. Renaults use the Volvo driveline, so if Renault parts were expensive you could always buy them from Volvo instead. Although I think you’d find the same part would cost far more if it had “Volvo” written on the box.

I honestly can’t fault my Renault. It might not have the badge appeal of the Scania griffin but I’m here to make money, not to wave my willy.

i agree i brought my daf for 4 grand 4 years ago spent no money on it only keeping it legal im here to make money no flashy lights or bells like i see these bellends do who spend more than there profit on the truck

sheep1:
Renault they would be my last choice really never driven or owned 1 but heard a lot of stories
was thinking Man or daf or a older volvo scania

A bit pointless asking our opinion if you’ve already made your mind up.
Ask the Renault haters how many of them have actually driven a recent one.

MAN gets bad press but i cant fault the three i.ve owned

sheep1:

If you think Renault are dear don’t buy a MAN :wink:

sheep1:

Harry Monk:

sheep1:

i agree i brought my daf for 4 grand 4 years ago spent no money on it only keeping it legal im here to make money no flashy lights or bells like i see these bellends do who spend more than there profit on the truck

Great to see a sensible reply for once , well said that man .

Roy Humphrey has some 13 plate premiums for 18k. Could you afford the extra 10k on finance? Good spec aparantly

The company who I do agency work for, lease Premiums from Gullivers, who, when they are around 5 years old, send their Premiums to auction. Granted they may be a little up on kms, but Gullivers policy is to straighten them all out with new parts before releasing them for auction, so you may get say, a 10 plate for around £10k.

They have just taken back a load of 12 plates from DHL Tradeteam, and they have to be all checked over and sorted before they are sent back to Renault, according to the guys at their Salford office, but of all the ones I have seen in the yard, they look pretty bloody straight to me.

Ken.