Cheap Jag anyone?

itv.com/news/meridian/story/ … -in-crash/

Ooooopsie :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

peanuts.jpg :unamused: :wink:

What’s he done hit a low bridge? How tall on average are car transporters?

They might smell new, but they’re now piles of ■■■…

Poor driver think he must of been drinking or guessed his height oh I still don’t want to drive one

May well be wrong but doesn’t look like the A3 to me :confused:

Actually on the A25 westbound. Google streetview. (Been under this twice a day for my training :slight_smile:)

It’s been hit before a few years back by a royal mail artic, and it’s fairly well signed too.

How did one of the Mitchell brother escape from the Queen vick :smiley:

Watch for them on ebay as, “needs slight attention”.

I can see the ad now…1 careful owner.a vicar a couple of age related marks will probably polish out! :wink:

:wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Angus25:
Poor driver think he must of been drinking or guessed his height oh I still don’t want to drive one

Not a case of guessing his height, rather a case of forgetting to lower his decks! Bridge in question is 15", whilst the 11+ transporter he was driving has a structure height of around 13" 6", although the load can take you to 16". The load in this case was 2 cars which will easily run under the height of the pillars. Both cars would have been flat on the top deck. The force of the impact has pushed the first car back which in turn would have pushed the second car off the truck

Driver had just tipped at the Jag dealer down the road from the bridge. The last car to come off would have been the Peak car (over the cab). To take this car off, you lift the top deck of the trailer up to the top (deck will be about 13" plus the height of the car on top) and drive the car off the prime mover underneath. You are obviously supposed to lower the top deck down afterwards! Just takes a moments distraction, someone asks you a question or something else stupid, and this happens. Easy to criticise but easily done. I think most transporter drivers if they’re honest will say at some point they’ve nearly driven off with a deck in the air, or get to a dealer and wonder why there are no straps on a particular car because they forgot to put them on!

Think I’d do some twitching driving them about !

That will t-cut out no bother.

FFS officer, Its road legal I tell ya. FOX’s next door just put a years ticket on for me.

that will knock out… :smiley:

Would the driver lose his job for that or would he get a severe wrist slapping?

Tarrman:
Would the driver lose his job for that or would he get a severe wrist slapping?

near enough all transporter companys dimiss drivers for bridge strikes

Lank:

Angus25:

Not a case of guessing his height, rather a case of forgetting to lower his decks! Bridge in question is 15", whilst the 11+ transporter he was driving has a structure height of around 13" 6", although the load can take you to 16". The load in this case was 2 cars which will easily run under the height of the pillars. Both cars would have been flat on the top deck. The force of the impact has pushed the first car back which in turn would have pushed the second car off the truck

Driver had just tipped at the Jag dealer down the road from the bridge. The last car to come off would have been the Peak car (over the cab). To take this car off, you lift the top deck of the trailer up to the top (deck will be about 13" plus the height of the car on top) and drive the car off the prime mover underneath. You are obviously supposed to lower the top deck down afterwards! Just takes a moments distraction, someone asks you a question or something else stupid, and this happens. Easy to criticise but easily done. I think most transporter drivers if they’re honest will say at some point they’ve nearly driven off with a deck in the air, or get to a dealer and wonder why there are no straps on a particular car because they forgot to put them on!

yes got to have feel soory for the driver one moment loss in concentration and this happen :frowning:

Lank:

Angus25:

good post fella