Cheap GPS and PDA Solution

expansys.com/product.asp?code=TODAYONLY

Mitac Mio 168 GPS Pocket PC + GPS £173 Including VAT. This price includes the PDA and GPS unit ( attached in a fold away option) but does not include mapping software. The kit does also not contain a mounting kit but these shoulf be relatively cheap to pick up.

I am informed if you know where to look you can pick up Tom Tom 3 on ebay for perhaps a couple of quid. or like other people I know you may be able to download it it directly from the net. Not that I condone this of course!!

Anyway this unit may be of use to some users. I have been looking for a cheaper solution for a while now and after reading several reviews I have ordered one.
If anyone fancies be quick there are only 11 left.

i have 1 of those with tom tom great bit of kit

shaun

Did you need to buy an additional speaker or can you hear it ok over background noise?
Mate of mine has a powered speaker holder type thingy for his ipaq as he couldn’t hear it in his car.

i can hear mine well enough even when the stereo is on

It doesn’t really make much difference how cheap the PDA is (by brand), it’s the processor speed that’s important…

I’ve got an Ipaq 3950 with a 400Mhz processor, which is only middle of the road, price wise, but is just OK for ‘real time’ GPS…

If you go for a slower PDA, it cannot react quick enuf, and tells you to turn AFTER you’ve gone past… !!!

I’ve seen complete packages (secondhand) on Ebay, with my PDA + GPS + TomTom, for about £100… !!!

A new setup can cost as little as £225…

Not forgetting that a PDA gives you more flexibility over a TomTomGo box… I’ve been playing vids, music, and games on my PDA whilst waiting on a bay…

HTH’s

Luv
Chrisie… :sunglasses:

Ragtop:
Not forgetting that a PDA gives you more flexibility over a TomTomGo box… I’ve been playing vids, music, and games on my PDA whilst waiting on a bay…

thats when they come in handy i gota 1 gig card in mine for movies n tunes