Cheap fuel in france

where is the best place to fill your car up in france going to normandy so where can i get cheap fuel andcan i take my wife and kids into the truckers lounge for a meal as other cafes on ferry so bloody exspensive

As in the UK, fill up at a supermarket but there is very little difference between French and UK prices.

With the exchange rate at moment there’s no such thing as cheap fuel!

Think you won’t get wife and kids in truckers area on Ferry, you need to show your HGV boarding pass! not 100 % but I couldn’t get in with my old man on a ferry crossing

ref truckers resturant on ferrys, on yourself you might get away with it but enter as a family the crew will tell you straight away that its drivers only. Your only options are to take your own food or get the train.

ref family and kids in the drivers restaurant.
I’ll have done a fair shift to get to the boat. I want to be able to chill for a bit before starting the rest of my shift. Happily the ferry has a freight drivers resto’ where I can relax without any kids racing about.

Now I’ve no doubt that you have kids who are among the best behaved in the world. There’s absolutely no way they’ll do anything to disturb my relaxation. The thing is, if your kids are in there, then the kids of the family everyone hates to live next door to will see them. These little toe-rags know their rights, if your kids are allowed in there, they are allowed in there. If not, it’s discrimination.
There goes the bit of piece I wanted.

well said simon, if i was going on holiday i wouldn,t want to be seen near truck drivers.

Most supermarket pumps now accept UK bank cards .

TWINFLAGS:
where is the best place to fill your car up in france going to normandy so where can i get cheap fuel andcan i take my wife and kids into the truckers lounge for a meal as other cafes on ferry so bloody exspensive

emm strange y the scot’s ave got a name as being tight

TWINFLAGS:

must be a while since you were on a ferry, even the truckers restaurants are expensive now :imp:
unless you’re crossing the bay of biscay which are free food then all the others have put their prices up drastically

welshboyinspain:

TWINFLAGS:

must be a while since you were on a ferry, even the truckers restaurants are expensive now :imp:
unless you’re crossing the bay of biscay which are free food then all the others have put their prices up drastically

Also P&O normally have an offer on where you can feed a family of 4 for I think £20! Works out cheaper than Routemasters, as long gone are the days of 3 course meal plus salad etc. for £4