Cheap ebay sat nav any good?

Hi

I have been looking to buy a sat nav ready for when I pass my class2 on the 15th fingers crossed, I am most tempted by the snooper truckmate s2500 at £209.95 I have also seen a number of cheaper unbranded units at around £89.95 on ebay has anyone brought one of these if so are they any good?

Many thanks

Yup, got one from Chris a Truckers Tables. £85 and the only problem is it don’t actually route you AROUND weight limits - it just warns you when you get there. But that’s what those round signs are for, so no worries. Recommended…

I used one of the cheap units from eBay when I first passed. It wasn’t too bad really I done the job for me until I had enough money to get something better.

I use copilot truck on my iPad now. It’s £130 on the App Store. After using this I would never go with anything else.

I bought one of eBay for £50 and I love it! Only trick I missed was that I bought one without Bluetooth built in, but no big hassle as a lot of the lorries either have it built in nowadays or if not, just a £20 Bluetooth speaker from any of the electrical shops.

Initially I was a bit put off by the price, so I ran it alongside my all singing all dancing Tomtom Go Live 820 to test it. In the end only had the Tomtom switched on with it for about 3 days. :smiley: Very pleased with it.

Admittedly we don’t do much stuff in industrial estates, so cannot comment on the accuracy of the limits / roads in that respect, but out in the little back roads where we end up most of the time: couldn’t fault it. And also not the quickest things to run / update as they are only based on very cheap Windows CE tablets.

All in all I like mine. Especially helpful if you get directed in with someone on the phone, stick a little pin in the map on the system, save it as a favorite with a name on it and all is good for next time / or getting out of the place! :smiley:

Thanks for the advice, I have made my mind, I am going to get co-pilot truck HD on the iPad and order a £50 ebay one to keep as a back up, this still works out cheaper than a truckmate.

Thanks for advice. :slight_smile:

Google HGV drivers tables. First site that comes up do a brilliant and cheap sat nav