Cheap ciggies

Hi all.Where the best place in calais to get ciggies.And where can i park the truck to get them.Thanks

You will struggle to buy smokes anywhere in Calais and they are just as expensive in France as in the uk. Better to stop in veurne truckstop in Belgium if your coming back that way

If buying them in France, you may as well buy them on the ferry.

If you are coming from Belgium to Calais take the exit for Adinkerke, last one in Belgium and at the top of the slip road GO RIGHT. At the roundabout take the third exit and this will take you down into Tobacco Alley. Canal on one side of the road and many tobacco shops on the left. Drive to the last building, a Texaco garage, and go and see the lovely Fiona. There is a lay-by just past her place you can park in. If you have a fuel card which she accepts you can also take advantage of her generous bonus scheme where you get a stamp on a card for every 50 litres you put in and 20 stamps gets you €40. She also has a shower available for drivers and free coffee.

All the shops down that road charge the same for cigs and tobacco.

Coffeeholic:

Yes, I believe it is Law in Belgium that they have to sell them at the Government-set price and cannot give discounts…I also believe it is now illegal to give away freebies such as lighters when they sell them.

Harry Monk:

Coffeeholic:

Yes, I believe it is Law in Belgium that they have to sell them at the Government-set price and cannot give discounts…I also believe it is now illegal to give away freebies such as lighters when they sell them.

Harry you are 100% right mate

Harry Monk:

Coffeeholic:

Indeed so. They now give you a receipt with the free chocolate and lighters to show you ‘paid’ for them. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

First time i went there i didnt realise they gave you free chocs and slung the bag on the top bunk when i later went to get some ciggies out it was like someone had took a dump in there!! :blush: :blush: