Cheap brekkie at Cobham services

stopped yesterday morning for the excellent value for money bacon barm and a coffee for £3.00 at Greggs,
and spotted next door at KFC, they were doing their own bacon barm and a coffee for just £1.99 (called the Bacon Butty Combo)

Bacon barm (with brown sauce) was quite acceptable, and the coffee was good quality too.

I do like a bargain, especially at an MSA :smiley:

What’s a barm??

FarnboroughBoy11:
What’s a barm??

Well, it aint a cob, that would be too crusty, and it aint a stick, that would be too long, and it aint bread, that would be too slicey, so I guess it must be a bit like a roll :smiley:

espresso:

FarnboroughBoy11:
What’s a barm??

Well, it aint a cob, that would be too crusty, and it aint a stick, that would be too long, and it aint bread, that would be too slicey, so I guess it must be a bit like a roll :smiley:

Ohhhhh like a bap then?? :slight_smile:

Or a tea cake as us Yorkshire folk call em :grimacing:

mebby even a larl stotty.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Nahhhh, here in Lancashire (Gods Country), a teacake has currenty bits all over the show :smiley:

a muffin then

espresso:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Nahhhh, here in Lancashire (Gods Country), a teacake has currenty bits all over the show :smiley:

Na thats a fruit cake init? :slight_smile:

FarnboroughBoy11:

espresso:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Na thats a fruit cake init? :slight_smile:

Correct, them folk over the border ain’t a clue mate :smiley:

Haha :laughing:

IT’S A ROLL!!! lol

Driver-Once-More:
a muffin then

Was not muffin the mule made illegal? :open_mouth:

SWEDISH BLUE:

Driver-Once-More:
a muffin then

Was not muffin the mule made illegal? :open_mouth:

Only if done incorrectly :wink: :smiley:

Also Subway offers Bacons, Sausage, Eggs with hot cheese melts or boths small baguette with coffee for £2 till 11am at M20 Folkestone MSA

Every time Ive stopped there its been crap o clock on the morning and only McDonalds has been open :frowning:

There’s a greggs at toddy, medway and beaconsfield too

Its called a breadcake round here

JFC999:
Its called a breadcake round here

I did say its a Tea cake in Yorkshire but us Barnsley folk pronounce it,“Tear cake” as in our dialect! :grimacing:

when i lived in west yorkshire a teacake was just plain but now i’m in east yorkshire if you ask for a teacake it comes with currents in it :unamused:

they call plain ones buns here “as in burger buns” :astonished: