Cheale Meats

Does anyone remember Cheale meats of Brentwood Essex? My brother drove for them back in 1984, he had a 142 Scania A■■? jex, it was a 388 non intercooler, named " The Moo Mover". They also ran a Y reg F12 intercooler, driven by a guy called Jack if i remember rightly. He didnt like driving the Scania as it gave him a bad back. I used to ride with my brother on Saturday mornings, but sadly the 142 spent more time off the road, having a new engine fitted on one occasion, good for a year old truck eh! I did evevtually get to ride in it and i remember it made a lovely noise and my brother saying how well it pulled and nothing could touch it, as it had a high speed diff fitted.
I think Cheales are still going and now they run plain white Volvos.

Pretty sure it was Cheale Meats that I would load at in the early 80’s when I was on for Cadwalladers. The abattoir was just off the Southend road. They had their own weighbridge and would often say when checking your weight after loading, " you’re a bit heavy, driver" and then offer you £20 to run the gauntlet down to Dover. I must admit I never refused the offer! :slight_smile:

This link will take you to their web site where you’ll see they’re still as busy as ever. Still exporting more Sows & Boars than any other wholesale butcher. chealemeats.com/Cheale_Meats … lcome.html

BB

They were also heavily involved with BSE and Foot and Mouth, they owned a rendering mill in Canterbury and used to collect chopped up beasts from all over the country and mince them at the mill, I was a subbie on there for a while at the turn of the century, they had about 20 loads a day going through the place, all for the MLC (Meat & Livestock Commission) it was a licence to print money :open_mouth:

I did the odd run over the water with hanging piggies too, they have at least 10 loads a day leave the abbatoir, it’s a busy place :wink:

TAK TAM FINLAY from ■■■■■■■ worked out of there untill last year caught with drugs now resident with Her Majesty.