Chassis

This may seem strange :blush: but i was pondering over how trucks at truck shows always have imaculate, rust free chassis. Is it because they respray them all the time or just keep them well and polish themโ– โ– ?
How about some pictures of some clean/polished chassis. :smiley: :wink:

Got to admit its somthing i like to see is a painted chassis,used to be everyone did it but how many two year old motors do you now see rusting away after the manufacturers dull grey/black dusting of paint has seen two winters.

But then how much do you spend geting it sprayed for vosa to chip away at it all with a hammer?, surely you use a spanner to check somthings tight?

2 ways to keep chassis,s clean and rust free if you get a brand new truck wax/polish the chassis everywhere and the prop shaft it stops crap sticking to the paint.if youve got an old motor the only way is to sand blast the chassis to bare metal and respray.robs got some good pics of this in his refurb of mr vain thread

once a chassie starts rusting there isnt that much you can do even with shotblasting it will still come thro after 18mths, we have try"d red lead etc on the old f12 of knowles and it still comes back if the truck aint been used it will last a lot longer, but as carl says a good wax on a reg basis will prevent it even longer,

There should be some pics on my F10 Globetrotter thread.

a pic of a mint f12 i took at uttoxeter last year :wink:

Carl:
a pic of a mint f12 i took at uttoxeter last year :wink:

Carl, i think you will find it is an F10, not a 12, it belongs to F10 Globetrotter on here :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

do ya know rob im gonna get such a pasting off mr f10 globetrotter :blush: :blush: i new all that as i was parked next door at uttoxeter i was having a bad brain day when i posted that pic