Chasing work leads

so Ive been going on a year now, I have 2 trucks and 3 trailers, had ‘solid’ work and then got cut because it went quiet. Much to my annoyance, but anyways. How do you guys go about enquiring about work and chasing possible leads of work?

I am always ringing places for loads, got signed up with a few pallet companies getting regular work out of them but you know pallets aint great but they are paying the bills. I need a bit more to just fill the weeks in. Well, I got a lead on some work, rang the company got the guy who dealt with it, he says to email him all our company details over (GIT, vat etc ), but he is was off away that week, so would get back to me on his return. Right, stella so left it til he got back. I gave him to end of week, and heard nothing. Emailed him again, nothing. So left it another week. Which was the plan until a family member passed away and basically that took up my time. So by this point 2 weeks have passed, so I rings, gets told sorry please send your stuff over again. I do that, and then he passes it to his transport department to deal with. He ended his email with:

“They will be in contact with you directly if required.”

What do I with that then? What would you guys do? Would you wait a few weeks and then ring for an update because like I say they have asked for all your information about your company etc or would you just leave it and see what happens?

This is a large company btw. Which is 5 minutes from my yard, I can see there business for my yard, would be great opportunity for us, but its just trying to get an in.

But my questions is how do you guys deal with chasing for work? Is persistence the key or do you just cut your loses and move on?

Looks like they have enough doing the work already, and they will ring you if they need you. In other words, don’t hold your breath.

Dont hang about for anyone first come first served

Same for an operator as it is for a driver-go knock on doors, introduce yourself, find out what they want and take it from there.
Also talk to people you know-I got work local to me because a mate who was doing it was based too far away for it to be sensible for him.

Hows business looking now and for the new year HanOggy ■■