chas armstrong

does anybody have any info or pictures of armstrongs leylands mainly lynxs then freighters in later days also im sure there was a super comet ergo cabbed leyland to with a curtain sided body on it they were brown in colour.

Here you go ergo man, Buzzer

JLC00246-31.jpg

Spose hes chucked it up on the kerb use phone box to tell boss hes got his backload on. (Always get down the road before calling in). But Phone box aint a red un, so guess its a recent piccie?

Phone boxes in Hull are cream coloured.

transportphotos.com/road/photos

JLC00246-31.jpg
JLC00246-32.jpg

Buzzer:

great stuff they they must have run these well into the nineties can you recall there super comet?

Driver-Once-More:
Phone boxes in Hull are cream coloured.

Thanks. I`d quite forgotten that. I now remember it being a surprise to me when I first went there.

ergomatic man:

Buzzer:

great stuff they they must have run these well into the nineties can you recall there super comet?

My dad worked for Armstrongs for about 30 years up until they closed in the early 90s and he was the lucky one to get the curtainsider (think it was new ?) And pretty sure it was on a Y plate (83 ish?) Yellow curtains and always immaculate in and out !!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I remember Armstrongs very well, The were reguler visitors at Winthrops Factory in Fawdon, A good set of lads, Regards Larry.

Was that the place near the Rowntrees factory ? I can remember going there and he used to get us big boxes of “Broken Biscuits” !! Broke or not they were amazing to us kids :wink:

DarenB:
Was that the place near the Rowntrees factory ? I can remember going there and he used to get us big boxes of “Broken Biscuits” !! Broke or not they were amazing to us kids :wink:

Thats correct “DarenB”, but Winthrops later called Sanofi has closed & Rowntrees is too shortly, Regards Larry.