charts

so as of 1/05/06 we have to carry ,is it 15 days charts or 21 days charts , so is the law about them being back at base within 21 days gone now ? thats a lot of charts you have to carry

porkifer:
so as of 1/05/06 we have to carry ,is it 15 days charts or 21 days charts

Neither, you have to carry all the current week PLUS the the charts covering the previous 15 days. The minimum you would be need to carrying would be charts covering 16 days, The Monday of the current week + the previous 15 days and as the week progresses you would be carrying 17 days, 18 days etc.

porkifer:
so is the law about them being back at base within 21 days gone now?

Not officially gone yet. However you won’t fall foul of it, unless you are carrying an excessive amount of charts in excess of the number needed to comply with the new regulations. a lot of drivers will still be returning the charts within 21 days anyway, 15 days + Monday to Friday of the current week would only be 20 days and unless you are working the weekend you won’t be on the road with more than 20 days worth as on the Monday you can return the oldest charts to the office.

so i set off on a monday with 15 charts and this week takes it to 20 by friday but i wont be home till tuesday or wednesday of the next week so that makes 23 charts ■■ i am not home every weekend so thats me carrying too many then ?

You will be OK in that situation. I meant to say in the last post that it would only be an issue if you are carrying an excessive amount of charts. In the scenario you outline there would be no problem as you have carried the amount required by the new regulations but have been unable to return any as you have not been back to base.

porkifer:
so as of 1/05/06 we have to carry ,is it 15 days charts or 21 days charts , so is the law about them being back at base within 21 days gone now ? thats a lot of charts you have to carry

Just a timely reminder for tomorrow !!!

1st May 2006
Drivers of analogue equipped vehicles are required to produce all the record
sheets used during the current week and those used during the previous 15
days. Their driver card if they hold one and any printouts required to be
taken eg. manual records of duty where the card was defective or lost.

This comes into force on 1st May 2006, the current ‘all charts from this
week and the last chart of the previous week’ will no longer exist.
We are required to return charts within 21 days, but 561/2006 changes all
that.

Ossie

can someone explain to me what has to be written on the back.i have just got back from holiday to find a letter informing me of the changes from today,holiday blues or what but i cant get my head round it.

Warrior:
can someone explain to me what has to be written on the back.

On the back of the charts■■? Nothing as far as the regulations go. If the letter says you must write something on the back I can only assume it is a company policy.

Coffeeholic:

Warrior:

On the back of the charts■■? Nothing as far as the regulations go. If the letter says you must write something on the back I can only assume it is a company policy.

letter states and this bit i understand,you must no longer write start and finish on front of tacho,must be written on the back,along with rest periods,poa,other work.letter quotes these are eec regs.just losing the will to live.

Warrior:

Coffeeholic:

Warrior:

letter states and this bit i understand,you must no longer write start and finish on front of tacho,must be written on the back,along with rest periods,poa,other work.letter quotes these are eec regs.just losing the will to live.

Is there a link to that somewhere please?, is this an edn to ERD / SDR?.

Warrior:

Writing SDR, EDR or whatever on the front of the charts has never been part of the regulations and there is nothing I have seen in the new regulations about it either. In fact, in most other countries you are likely to get fined for writing anything on the front of the chart, outside the centre field.

This must be just something your company want.

Thinking about it a bit more I think your company are confused, or maybe it is you. :wink: :smiley: In the new regulations there is a bit that says

Manual records are to be entered on the tachograph record sheet if using a vehicle with an analogue tacho. They are to be entered on the drivers card using the manual entry system where they use a vehicle fitted with a digital tacho.

This doesn’t mean you have to make manual entries at all times. It is saying how manual entries need to be made, depending on which type of tacho you are using, if you don’t have access to a vehicle for a period during your shift or there is a problem with the tacho head.

If the tacho is working correctly and you don’t have periods with no access to a vehicle then you do not need to worry about manual entries, subject to any company policy on using things such as SDR/EDR.

I had an assessment for a new job this morning and was required to do a little drive. When I got in the cab I noticed it was fitted with one of these tachos where the front slides out like a cd tray. (Been out of driving for 2 years) The chap explained how to use it but then I noticed that it only had 3 options to choose from, crossed hammers, box and rest, there was no drive option.

Having read the new regs which came in to force yesterday, it states that you can only use the box for POA and the hammers for other work. Which do I now use for driving then. The chap who was assessing me didn’t even know about this and couldn’t offer any advice. (Maybe I should have taken the lollipop lady job :slight_smile: ).

Any ideas.

They automatically record “drive” when wheels are in motion… Like the automatic mechanical one’s ?

luckyguye:
(Been out of driving for 2 years) The chap explained how to use it but then I noticed that it only had 3 options to choose from, crossed hammers, box and rest, there was no drive option.

What were you driving 2 years ago that didn’t have a tacho that automatically recorded driving?

luckyguye:
Which do I now use for driving then.

If you’re not taking a break and not recording POA you put it on the crossed hammers. This will then automatically record “other work” when stationary and “driving” when the vehicle is in motion.

luckyguye:
The chap who was assessing me didn’t even know about this and couldn’t offer any advice.

That strikes me as rather poor! Surely someone given the task of assessing a new driver should at least know the basic tacho rules!

Paul

Coffeeholic:
Thinking about it a bit more I think your company are confused, or maybe it is you. :wink: :smiley: In the new regulations there is a bit that says

Manual records are to be entered on the tachograph record sheet if using a vehicle with an analogue tacho. They are to be entered on the drivers card using the manual entry system where they use a vehicle fitted with a digital tacho.

This doesn’t mean you have to make manual entries at all times. It is saying how manual entries need to be made, depending on which type of tacho you are using, if you don’t have access to a vehicle for a period during your shift or there is a problem with the tacho head.

If the tacho is working correctly and you don’t have periods with no access to a vehicle then you do not need to worry about manual entries, subject to any company policy on using things such as SDR/EDR.

thankyou my friend that looks about right to me .end of saga!