Charity work on ur weekly rest break

Whats the rules on doing charity work for no pay during your weekly rest period?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bubsy06:
Whats the rules on doing charity work for no pay during your weekly rest period?

Go ahead.

Thought as much, u can drive your car for 45hours solid legally during ur weekly rest after a full week in work.

Scottish drivers are in luck this week, pig in the cab and u can do 16778 hours driving per week.

I often drive a truck in carnival processions carrying an assortment of displays which also include people in fancy dress or even orchestra’s, I also help to decorate the truck before the event and dismantle it after.
A few years ago I asked the local police traffic inspector and he told me that it was ok as I was not being paid and effectively it was considered as personal use, the only issue he had was the carriage of passengers as I could on some carnivals have 30+ on board but as I never exceeded 5mph and they were not paying a fare it was out of scope of the regulations.

bubsy06:

If you mean driving a HGV vehicle over 7.5t, there’s no exemption for charity work other than the non-commercial transport of humanitarian aid, so I’m afraid it’s still in-scope of EU regulations.

If you mean none driving charity work, keep up the good work :wink:

Martin:
A few years ago I asked the local police traffic inspector and he told me that it was ok as I was not being paid and effectively it was considered as personal use

Sorry but unless this was before the EU regulations came into force he didn’t know what he was talking about, being paid is completely irrelevant for the EU regulations, if you’re carrying goods and there’s no exemption then EU regulations apply.