Charity hitchers

in reading services this morning about 06 20,two people asked if I could give them a lift to the M25 as they were doing a charity hitch,and was going to end up in Madrid,whether true or not they looked decent and I would have given them a lift but the old excuse reared its head,in a word insurance and the carrying of passengers,shame really

You see them in Dover all the time with placards and stuff,they usually come up to you when your on the boat too asking for a lift.
I said ok once as I was off to Spain and agreed to take them to castests,as I was going to spend the weekend there,obviously as the chick was gorgeous and I would of got rid of the spotted faced oik she was with but as they were foot passengers I didn’t get to pick them up,shame really…

Came across 2 on the Caen boat once, gave them a lift to Biarritz, they have to travel in pairs and check in at 16.30 daily. The 2 I gave a lift to we’re headed for maroco!

Not for charity but when I was living in Yorkshire I had my mum with me ( :blush: ) and there was a trade plater trying to get to clitheroe which was my exact destination, and my boss did allow passengers too…

There was three on Hilton Park Thursday night, 2 girls and a lad, don’t know if it was a charity thing or not. I can understand travelling in pairs for safety reasons but I’d have thought that three would be reducing your chances of getting a lift.

Rentadent:
There was three on Hilton Park Thursday night, 2 girls and a lad, don’t know if it was a charity thing or not. I can understand travelling in pairs for safety reasons but I’d have thought that three would be reducing your chances of getting a lift.

Just kill the ugliest 2 and take the good looking one with you :wink: That’s what us truckers do ain’t it? :laughing:

I came across this only one time at Calais as I was crossing to Dover. A couple of fellas said they were hitching from Sudan to London for charity. But like truckman020, I gave the them insurance excuse and didn’t pick them up. It’s a shame because they seemed very friendly and I wanted to help them out.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Rentadent:

Just kill the ugliest 2 and take the good looking one with you :wink: That’s what us truckers do ain’t it? :laughing:

And if it happens to be the lad, you can dress him in the murdered girls clothes :wink: :wink:
If that’s the way you roll! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Why haven’t the immigrants at calais tried that method out yet i wonder.

tango boy:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Rentadent:

And if it happens to be the lad, you can dress him in the murdered girls clothes :wink: :wink:
If that’s the way you roll! :sunglasses: :sunglasses:[/quote

^^^^ made me chuckle :grimacing:

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

Rentadent:

according to Jeremy Clarkson,lol