Charity drivers needed

Hi all you lot.
Now for a few admissions.
I stopped posting when the depression started over my heart problem, When I stopped posting I was in a very dark place got very close to the edge, very very close.
I am still so ■■■■■■ off with anything to do with DVLA that I could batter some of them to death over their total incompetence and stupidity.

Now for a FANTASTIC bit of news…my heart problem is 100% repaired…absolutely no trace of any problems at all !!! According to my heart consultant I am the only one of over 3000 patients back to full heart health.
(but I still cannot get my licence back ■■? )
This is a war I have not lost whilst I still have breath in my body .

I have found that walking has really helped my rehab and my state of mind
So…

Moving on.
To prove to myself that I am better I am going on a little walk for a worthwhile charity called the Back up Trust who teach wheelchair and life skills to injured patients. The walk is from :-
John O’groats to Lands End via 5 spinal units starting on 25th April 2015 and hopefully ending on the 10th June…I will be walking 1467 miles , that is NOT a typo , 1467 Miles in Fifty days . So basically 30 miles a day. We need to hire a motorhome or similar and find some nice bods to drive it. Proper drivers who will be prepared to cook occasionally drink beer and take the ■■■■ out of me when I need encouragement…ie some of you lot.
We are aiming to raise £25k for the charity.
Anyone wanting to drive for a week or more please feel free to message me.
You will get fed and watered and I would appreciate it greatly and reimburse out of pocket expenses.
So if you are retired and are bored or just want your picture taken (maybe on tv too) doing something worthwhile this is for you.

Ps. There will be a few barrels of beer at the finish line for anyone who wants to walk the last 18 miles with me from Penzance to Lands End, provided you make something for our charity.

Don’t let them grind u down. Keep at them.

Can t make ur walk, sorry. Good luck with it. A worthy cause.

I’ll happily give you a week of my time fella. Not interested in getting my pic taken, but I will take you up on your beer and ■■■■ take offer. Fantastic effort, for a fantastic cause. Feel free to PM me if you like.

… Where the hell is the stealth & ingenuity of primate influence when ya need it… cue…
I was reading another post… Oh cack! forgotten again!..

3 wheeler:
Hi all you lot.
I stopped posting when the depression started over my heart problem, When I stopped posting I was in a very dark place got very close to the edge, very very close.
I am still so ■■■■■■ off with anything to do with DVLA that I could batter some of them to death over their total incompetence and stupidity.

Now for a FANTASTIC bit of news…my heart problem is 100% repaired…absolutely no trace of any problems at all !!! According to my heart consultant I am the only one of over 3000 patients back to full heart health.

So…

Moving on.
To prove to myself that I am better I am going on a little walk for a worthwhile charity called the Back up Trust who teach wheelchair and life skills to injured patients. The walk is from :-
John O’groats to Lands End via 5 spinal units starting on 25th April 2015 and hopefully ending on the 10th June…I will be walking 1467 miles , that is NOT a typo , 1467 Miles in Fifty days . So basically 30 miles a day. We need to hire a motorhome or similar and find some nice bods to drive it. Proper drivers who will be prepared to cook occasionally drink beer and take the ■■■■ out of me when I need encouragement…ie some of you lot.
You will get fed and watered and I would appreciate it greatly and reimburse out of pocket expenses.
So if you are retired and are bored or just want your picture taken (maybe on tv too) doing something worthwhile this is for you.

Ps. There will be a few barrels of beer at the finish line for anyone who wants to walk the last 18 miles with me from Penzance to Lands End, provided you make something for our charity.

Thank you for the two kind drivers who have already said they want to drive !
My faith in you lot is being proved !

3 wheeler:

3 wheeler:
Hi all you lot.

So…

Moving on.

Braver man than me !! Just a thought (I’m sure it must have crossed your mind), you said ‘hire a motorhome’, if as you say you think you are likely to raise that amount of money then I would be looking to hit the hire companies for a free loan !!! in exchange for publicity. Hats off to you, you sounded like you were very low but well on the way back up!! Good luck

Tim85:

3 wheeler:

3 wheeler:
Hi all you lot.

So…

Moving on.

Braver man than me !! Just a thought (I’m sure it must have crossed your mind), you said ‘hire a motorhome’, if as you say you think you are likely to raise that amount of money then I would be looking to hit the hire companies for a free loan !!! in exchange for publicity. Hats off to you, you sounded like you were very low but well on the way back up!! Good luck

“Free loan”…we got quotes up to £6k…our best so far is £3k but there is a charity that may lend us theirs for a donation. It’s a bloody dear thing to rent, not to mention the fuel bill of about £1500 to pay.
Any big haulage firms want to lend us a fuel card ? And you can advertise all over the van about how good you are !!! ( and you may just get it on telly too)
Come on Eddie …you can afford it …or Maxis in Scotland ?

3 wheeler:
Come on Eddie …you can afford it …or Maxis in Scotland ?

What about seeing if you can borrow that van the trannies use outside stobbies for their stalking, sorry spotting. :slight_smile:

Good luck fella.

Think you’re nuts and I’d like to help. Hope you like spagbol and chilli…

Sumsmeister:
Think you’re nuts and I’d like to help. Hope you like spagbol and chilli…

Hope you got the PM.
Yep you are in !
Ps. Taking the ■■■■ and also drinking will be compulsory !

I’m in, PM sent
Paul

Thank you…
I am moved to think that so far 4 of you want to help a complete stranger with this by offering your valuable time for free.
You really do not know how much the thought of doing this walk has kept me alive and kicking and given me something to focus on.
Unsung heroes , who will be helping to make money for those a lot worse of than most of us.

Unsung heroes?
Sounds like we’d better bring some music to keep you going. What would you like?
{Thinking…}
Of course!
500 miles!
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tM0sTNtWDiI

Would love to help, but need some dates or have I missed them somewhere :smiley:

Try someone like Burnt Tree for your vehicle.

starting on 25th April 2015 and hopefully ending on the 10th June…I will be walking 1467 miles

Good man

3 wheeler:
Hi all you lot.

So…

Moving on.

How big a motorhome do you want. benjamin.bronson41@gmail.com

I will give you the time you take to pass through Scotland. Give me the dates and I will take any holidays necessary. Non drinker so don’t even need the beers :smiley: ,

urban1:
Would love to help, but need some dates or have I missed them somewhere :smiley:

Setting off on 25th April at J O’groats Finish 7 weeks later at Lands end.
Pm me with details and I will call .
Thanks .

Big Ben:

3 wheeler:
Hi all you lot.

So…

Moving on.

How big a motorhome do you want. benjamin.bronson41@gmail.com

Enough to sleep 4 or more if poss. But blow up beds on floor are possible too !

Marcelleke:
I will give you the time you take to pass through Scotland. Give me the dates and I will take any holidays necessary. Non drinker so don’t even need the beers :smiley: ,

Starting 25 th April …out of Scotland 12 days later ish.
Pm me number and we can speak.
You are a hero Thank you.