just fill the thing in thats what a hole is for

belive you will find the tunnel being closed for
longer than a few days, and that the queues
for the ferry will yet again be long ones, OP STACK
Phase -Two is in force as well now, this will up set
the locals in Kent, me tinks,

Makes you laugh doesnt it…

“Thought to be started by an overturned lorry on a freight train”

Now, i know there are some cowboy operators out there, and some even worse drivers, but how many do you know who can turn a truck over within the confines of the metal cages that forms the train!
Personally i think its a big cover up for someone who was carrying ADR stuff and didnt declare it!

They’re guessing it will be closed for 10 days according to C4 news at noon.

1stly the lorry overturned then caught fire now how the [zb] can that happen ■■? and what firm was the lorry registered to ■■

If the ADR goods were wrongly declared
and he had papers to back this up,
Who ever supplied the dangerous goods note
is going to join the driver on a unpaid holiday,
also he(DRIVER) would have put differant UN
no,s on the tank, and had other Trem cards,■■?
and also CMR, note
LET US WAIT AND SEE WHAT COMES OUT
later,

i think by the sound of it it spread to trucks which were carrying adr goods, but still that statement about it being an overturned truck is laughable!!

:laughing: Lorry turning over!!! my bottom :astonished: When I heard that, I fell off the sofa, then so did my missus (she’s been on it too). If the lorry turned over then so did the train carriage !!! :unamused: It’s totally enclosed in a cage !!! And the trucks are fully chocked on all 4 points !!

Now they say that the brakes overheated that caused a fire, now for any1 that has travelled on E/tunnel, they will know that there is a heat sensor, just after the booking kiosk. Many a time I have seen a truck parked up by the building just before the passport control, because the truck brakes were TOO hot. and thay were’nt allowed to procede, till they had cooled off. Some1 not doing their job properly? Or don’t they do the heat control anymore?

Now they say its chemical/hazardous content that has caused the problem. When I used E/Tunnel ADR trucks were put on the first part of the train (nearest the first offload ramp) close to the drivers carriage, and there were then a minimum 3 carriage space to the next non-ADR truck, so has some numb-nut not declared the contents? Or have E/Tunnel changed the procedure ?
I’ve just heard on the news (interview with Eastern block drivers) that they panicked, broke the windows of the drivers carriage, to get out. Don’t Euro tunnel do the emergency debrief before the train leaves, anymore ■■?

pierrot 14:
Now they say that the brakes overheated that caused a fire, now for any1 that
I’ve just heard on the news (interview with Eastern block drivers) that they panicked, broke the windows of the drivers carriage, to get out. Don’t Euro tunnel do the emergency debrief before the train leaves, anymore ■■?

I also heard a similar story reported on French news,that the eurotunnel staff,including the train driver,didn’t know what to do.The doors wouldn’t open so some driver’s smashed the windows to escape.

MMTM it is going to be closed for a month.

pierrot 14:
Don’t Euro tunnel do the emergency debrief before the train leaves, anymore ■■?

They do but it varies from waving the smoke hood around while nobody pays a blind bit of notice to “You all know this stuff, yeah?” while holding the smoke hood in his hand. That one was the other morning when there were only 5 of us on the train. :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

On it 6 times last week and once this Thursday and on three of those occasions, including this week, the carriage had doors which were not working at one end, meaning both buses unloaded and collected from the same door, leaving great opportunity for drivers to get on the wrong bus.

So that was one train at least that was in use on the day of the incident that it would not have been possible to evacuate from both ends of the carriage due to faulty doors. It isn’t just that they aren’t using the door as I have heard the Chef du Train say to use the other door as this one isn’t working if drivers head the wrong way when disembarking. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Just read that the tunnel is now open but limited journeys, hope the link below works its got more info

latestnews.virginmedia.com/news/ … ed_service

Paul

how could a truck turn ove in one of those caged wagons that they use?
whether its got haz on or not.
i carried hanging meat for many a year,around corners and never turned it over.
i am wondering,is haz being carried now in containers that are hanging in the top of a trailer.
this is a load of cobblers.

zb the tunnel.the sooner it goes bust the better.
should have built a road instead.
35 minutes to cross,3 hours to wait to get on the train.
bad food,ignorant staff…stupid mi5 men asking sily questions.
i have been on this many times.i know what its like.
cobblers again.

Well. I nearly got a free coffee, from Eurodelays. We were on the 3rd train and after a short delay, and them backing another train out of the tunnel, we were promised free coffee, just as the hostess trolley began to rumble towards me, the train was evacuated and there was a mad rush for the first available to traverser la manche en bateau…

Oh well at least I got a decent hot meal on Sea France :stuck_out_tongue:

Goodness me “Decent food on Seafrance” !!! Never come across any of that.

well been through twice since Thursday and FREE coffee and pastries both times !!!

I have always hated that train Le shuttle,if i had a choice i would never use it, as we know crap over priced food (that used to be free) as did your coffee,but as for the doors fault i think this has been a issue on that thing for ages as i can remember arriving at folkstone one morning, and both doors failed it took them around 30mins to sort out,as for the bull about a truck turning over inside the caged carriage impossible,as they are not wide enough to start with,they may even try and say it was a terrorist attack yet,(maybe a test run)mmm,it does seem a bit odd though

Strange you should mention terror attack, check the date it occurred !!!