Channel crossing

Woolwich ferry every time, im usually to high for the tunnel

animal:
Ferry every time North Shields - Amsterdam ( Imajurden spelling ) 24 hour I get my own cabin thanks

Irish Seas Holyhead - Dublin not bad again own cabin

Only by luck or paying will you get your own cabin on Holyhead Dublin route

bossman:

animal:
Ferry every time North Shields - Amsterdam ( Imajurden spelling ) 24 hour I get my own cabin thanks

Nope alway get own cabin :wink:

animal:

bossman:

animal:

Only so long as Good Friend isn`t on the same boat?

I can’t post a link (forum rules), but we have some comparison charts and banners that highlight the benefits of both services on our website :smiley:

switchlogic:
Having done it hundreds of times i prefer tunnel but for a first time experience the ferry beats the train every time

1st time getting on the train is an experience, especially if your trailer has side boxes…

Boat for me, the train isnt always quicker.

Plus being able to sleep/eat/walk around etc etc is a big plus for me. Youll see and smell some sights on both though.

Boarding the train still makes me nervous, although im only just into double figures on that.

yourhavingalarf:
Best ferry ever was from Genova to Palermo. 24 hour smooth summer sailing, my own cabin, great food, a disco with lots of drunken giggly chickybabes, a swimming pool and clay pigeon shooting too.

I don’t like flying or trains and avoid tunnels wherever possible and like sea travel and ships to the point of using Cunard to cross the Atlantic rather than flying.So the choice of ferry or tunnel to go the continent is a no brainer for me.

Was the Genoa Palermo boat one of GNV’s ?.I’ve also used them a lot to go to Sardinia.Their higher grade cabins are some of the best you’ll find anywhere up to the standard of cruise liners.

OK, next question.

DFDS or P&O?

Which line is better or are ther much of a muchness?

Dfds is a little cheaper iirc, but p&o has more sailings dover/calais me thinks.

As for lines, dfds lane will get you through the sheds alot quicker in calais.

Check in is after the sheds.

And dover i keep as far left as possible after where the old scales use to be.

Every little helps, cue the abuse

Franglais:

animal:

bossman:

animal:

Only so long as Good Friend isn`t on the same boat?

Never done Dublin - Holyhead though sorry

Was that you snoring on the last channel ferry I caught?

Off to Paris tomorrow but chunnel this time. I have to admit I prefer the ferry though