Changing Units

Well,

circumstances and limitation of backloads means that my 4x2 Magnum has to go :cry: nothing wrong with her at all just limited on the UK work she can perform.

Anyway set out to find another 6x2 Magnum and find a company called Geoff Sipson Commercials in Coventry seem like a decent bunch (any feedback appreciated):wink:

They have a 6 x 2 Magnum for sale my fitters are experienced on Renault so it makes operational sense (and on the quiet I like driving them and so do the lads)

He has a 2003 Scania which is a very good buy and well looked after, so take a look at that as well. Not really a Scania Fan :open_mouth: but willing to give them ago

Then out of the Blue we have an ex demo in that is more expensive but will give you a lot more years service with main dealer warranty dah de dah etc. :wink: Okay so download the pictures the guy’s haven’t shut up since :unamused:

Was dealing with Geoff Sipson on a possible 04Merc Actros MP2 back in January and he seemed a decent bloke on the phone anyway.
You could probably get two of those Magnums (maybe even three :exclamation: :exclamation: :laughing: ) for the price of the 105 XF, I know what I would be going for. :wink:

Big Truck,

hopefully like me and the 2 Magnums mind you its nice to dream :slight_smile:

I think the Magnum suits you!! :laughing:

About a month ago I was speaking with a guy who drives an XF 95 that is often seen at the main shows. I’m assuming that this is was the truth and not an ‘urban myth’ in the making, but he said that his gaffer had had a XF 105 demonstrator and none of the drivers were impressed (compared to their 95’s) and so it went back.

Yeah, stick to the Magnum.

That magnum used to belong to a company local to me Eric Short.

Heres a pic i took -

And Eric seems to take pride in his wagons.

why dont you " short’s " a bell and get the history of it. i would have thought on european work its got a lot of high but steady miles under her belt.

also as an after thought just enquire after the sort of weight it was regular pulling.

Shorts main work was chemicals that go into paint , but that magnum might not have been on the euro work. A guy i know there had it for a while and he was a euro driver but dont know whether he used to go abroad in the magnum.

I bought a Volvo Fh12 off Geoff Sipson. the ABS developed a fault. He said take it into my local volvo dealer, get it repaired and invoice him with a copy off the volvo invoice and he will reimburse me. A cheque was on the door mat within a couple of weeks. :open_mouth: too good to be true!!

Thanks for the replies :slight_smile:

A quick phone call and its done 501K Kms, rarely at maximum weight

Looks very tidy from the pictures sent to me, even down to the factory fitted wood effect dash.

Having a slight problem getting in touch with Geoff as I seem to get the girl in the office all the time so not too confident that my messages are getting through. :confused:

Mine is an 02 440 with 300ish KMS on the clock so I am sure we could work some form of trade in deal. Renault have already said that they will transfer the additional warranty over :open_mouth: after a full inspection of course.

Just need to get hold of Geoff to do the deal.

N2N Transport:
its done 501K Kms,

Because we never venture into the second-hand market I am quite naive to the finer details.

Up to what mileage would you still look at a motor? Do you have an upper limit before you’d shy away from the deal? If the service history is complete/present does that mean the actual amount of mileage is irrelevant? Is it down to which make of truck you are looking at (I’ve seen numerous mentions, mostly of Scania’s [yuk!], that have done 1million k +), assuming that some have a better reputation for higher mileages??