Changing to tramping

I’m going to start tramping soon and was looking at cab cooking.

I was set at buying a 24v oven but after looking this solution will not work…my fh only has a 24v 10 amps and the oven uses 12.5 amps…

Next thing I’m looking at is an inverter, apparantly for a house microwave to work I need 2000w inverter but this needs to be direct to battery. I have a anderson socket behind unit, can I plug inverter into anderson socket and if u can where can I buy lead from??

Help would be appreciated

Yes you can plug directly into the Anderson Socket. You’re going to have to make your own leads.

Conor:
Yes you can plug directly into the Anderson Socket. You’re going to have to make your own leads.

Is it easier to make the leads for anderson socket or use crocodile clips on battery terminals?

Cool box and single ring gas stove, forget that microwave malarkey

Mrmack65:
Cool box and single ring gas stove, forget that microwave malarkey

+1 and as the weather’s Good at the moment a throw away bar-b-q pack would do :wink:

Camping shops sell those one cartridge gas cookers.Lasts a long time.Keep windows open to vent the fumes.
Aldi and Lidl sell decent cans for meals.
Noodles,chicken in white sauce,chilli con carne,sweet and siur chicken.
Rice pudding.Milk powder is better,does not go off.Forget cab electrics,or end up shorting something out or blow fuses.

toby1234abc:
Camping shops sell those one cartridge gas cookers.Lasts a long time.Keep windows open to vent the fumes.
Rice pudding.Milk powder is better,does not go off.Forget cab electrics,or end up shorting something out or blow fuses.

+1. Learn to cook on gas because if you’re going tramping you will end up being single & have to cook for yourself anyway. :smiley:

harry:

toby1234abc:

+1. Learn to cook on gas because if you’re going tramping you will end up being single & have to cook for yourself anyway. :smiley:

Lol