Changing Local Time on your Tacho's

Just a quick heads up to remind everyone to change Local Time on your Tacho’s tomorrow.

This might be useful if your anything like me & forget what buttons to press :unamused:

Seimans= youtube.com/watch?v=P9iv4kjSgKg

Stonebridge= youtube.com/watch?v=5I1VwLsx3mA

Doesnt really matter does it.
Will still be running on universal time anyway.

I find it easiest to simply leave it on GMT all year round and forget about putting it forward in Spring and back again in the Autumn. AFAICS the only difference it makes is to the time of day displayed on the front panel of the tacho head (which I pay little or no attention to anyway).

Thanks for posting this it came in very handy.

Roymondo:
AFAICS the only difference it makes is to the time of day displayed on the front panel of the tacho head (which I pay little or no attention to anyway).

It changes the time below my speedo as well.

Thanks for the post , I always waited till someone else done it for me !

yea, i forgot on sunday, i now have an analogue disc that is an hour out. oops!.

gordo:
yea, i forgot on sunday, i now have an analogue disc that is an hour out. oops!.

Haha ! That’s why I posted it, it’s usually me that forgets.!

Thanks for the info have now changed the local time but have noticed that when I did a printed out it’s in UTC time so now it’s showing an hour behind ? how do I get it to print and show my days work in local time? hope this makes sense. cheers

mastesallan:
Thanks for the info have now changed the local time but have noticed that when I did a printed out it’s in UTC time so now it’s showing an hour behind ? how do I get it to print and show my days work in local time? hope this makes sense. cheers

You don’t.

Digital tachographs record all activities in UTC time.

Changing local time only effects the time shown on the VU display screen and has no effect on the time recorded on the driver card or the printouts which are always UTC time.

tachograph:

mastesallan:

You don’t.

Changing local time only effects the time shown on the VU display screen and has no effect on the time recorded on the driver card or the printouts which are always UTC time.

Yep ! All Tacho’s record in UTC, it’s to keep in line with Europe/international journeys.

This explains UTC-
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich_Mean_Time

It’s another way for the Authorities to screw with us, confusing drivers with different rules & regs. It used to confuse me when Digi’s first came out + we never had any training on how to use them, just kept pressing buttons until something happened. LOL !

martinviking:

gordo:

Haha ! That’s why I posted it, it’s usually me that forgets.!

But it did not help him, you posted it on monday, so you was out by a day as well, :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: not every on was on a days holiday :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses:

tachograph:

mastesallan:

You don’t.

I know digital tachos record in UTC time,however, on our ‘62 plate Actros’ when doing a printout,it asks if you want the printout in UTC time.I always OK this,but I’m assuming that as it has asked the question,it will print out in local time,I will try it next printout I do.
Also,on all our Axors and Actros’ ,changing the local time on the dash clock automatically changes the local time on the tacho,and it’s easier.

bestbooties:
I know digital tachos record in UTC time,however, on our ‘62 plate Actros’ when doing a printout,it asks if you want the printout in UTC time.

I’ve never come across that before, I’ve used the type 2 Siemens digital tachographs but I haven’t had any reason to take a printout from one, what make of tachograph is it ?

bestbooties:
I will try it next printout I do

It would be interesting to know what happens, so if you could let us know … :slight_smile:

bestbooties:
Also,on all our Axors and Actros’ ,changing the local time on the dash clock automatically changes the local time on the tacho,and it’s easier.

Yes some vehicle will do that, same as if you change the local time on the tachograph it will often change the time on the dash if you have a dash that displays tachograph informations such as driving time ec’t.

got in the truck this morning and it asked me whether i wanted to accept the changes on the time, very nice of it.
still got to do my dash clock though.

FarnboroughBoy11:
got in the truck this morning and it asked me whether i wanted to accept the changes on the time, very nice of it.

How do you change the dash clock? Mines out by about 50mins for some reason.

FarnboroughBoy11:

Same with me ,Farnboroughboy, I accepted but my dash clock still old time too,mines a scania anybody know how to adjust them please
Jim

Sod the tacho. Don’t forget to change the clock on your night heater!

I pre-set my heater last thing on Thursday night for 4.30 this morning so the cab would be nice and toasty for a 5am start.

It wasn’t. Bugger :laughing: :laughing:

tachograph:

bestbooties:
I know digital tachos record in UTC time,however, on our ‘62 plate Actros’ when doing a printout,it asks if you want the printout in UTC time.

I’ve never come across that before, I’ve used the type 2 Siemens digital tachographs but I haven’t had any reason to take a printout from one, what make of tachograph is it ?

bestbooties:
I will try it next printout I do

It would be interesting to know what happens, so if you could let us know … :slight_smile:

bestbooties:

Yes some vehicle will do that, same as if you change the local time on the tachograph it will often change the time on the dash if you have a dash that displays tachograph informations such as driving time ec’t.

Mine’s the same as bestbooties and will do a print out in UTC or local time, manual entries are done in local time too, makes life simpler :slight_smile:

Saaamon:

FarnboroughBoy11:

How do you change the dash clock? Mines out by about 50mins for some reason.

You go into settings and then into personal settings and do it in there, I think it’s the tool and spanner icon.