Changing from digi to analogue during day

Started the day driving a vehicle fitted with a digital tacho, later was asked to change to a vehicle fitted with an analogue tacho.
Took digicard out of vehicle A and wrote analogue tacho for vehicle B.
What do I have to manualy record and where? Thanks for any advice.

I would write on back of analogue - Digi tacho used from X time to Y time.

As long as you keep them both with you for the required period and hand them in by the required time then I don’t see a problem unless any of the GURUs can…

hi mate hope this helps

Mixed records — analogue and digital equipment
It is possible that a driver may during the course of a day drive two or more vehicles where both types of recording equipment are used. Drivers in such a situation must use a driver card to record while driving a vehicle with a digital tachograph and tachograph charts when driving a vehicle equipped with an analogue device. Time away from the vehicle may be recorded on either recording equipment, but there is no need to record it on both.

High-Vis:
Started the day driving a vehicle fitted with a digital tacho, later was asked to change to a vehicle fitted with an analogue tacho.
Took digicard out of vehicle A and wrote analogue tacho for vehicle B.
What do I have to manualy record and where? Thanks for any advice.

Do the manual entry for any time you were away from the vehicles whilst changing over on the analogue chart it will save you having to carry a printout with you, it will also save your company having to file a printout and a chart :wink:

It won’t hurt to write on the back of the chart the times you were on the vehicle with the digital tachograph as ROG said, it’s not really required but it could possibly save any confusion at a later date.

I would simply do a printout as I left the digital vehicle behind and keep it with my analogue cards until you go back onto a digital truck, it doesn’t wipe the card when you do a printout,

Thanks.