Changing clock back

as the clocks go back this weekend can you or would you turn your clock back on a digital tacho during a trip to spain/portugal or leave it til you get home

The clocks change In Europe on the same day as Britain. So would It really make a difference ■■

im not sure i know you should be on your country of origin time

It makes no difference on a digital taco what local time is displayed, all recordings are made in UTC.

ok no problem i guess you can change the trucks clocks then

Henk:
It makes no difference on a digital taco what local time is displayed, all recordings are made in UTC.

This ^^

The only time you can change is the time that’s displayed on the screen of the tachograph but that makes no difference to what’s recorded in the tachograph or on the driver card.

On a digital tachograph all records are made in UTC time which is the same across Europe, the time on the digital tachograph display is only for your benefit and does not affect what’s recorded so do whatever makes it easiest for you to keep track of your work times.

to be honest its easier to leave the digi clock display as UTC

thanks to all

nick2008:
to be honest its easier to leave the digi clock display as UTC

You wouldn’t think that if you went on a ferry and listened to everyone trying to work out if the clocks go back or forward in Europe :stuck_out_tongue:

what is this ‘clocks back’ of which you speak?

I only ever used to put mine forward :wink:

Derf:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Derf:

Only when you use ‘magnetic time’!! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Ross :wink:

Derf:

At the beginning of the trip in the yard :wink: then forward later on :wink: apparently. Obviously I would know nothing of such skullduggery.

turnip:

Derf:

At the beginning of the trip in the yard :wink: then forward later on :wink: apparently. Obviously I would know nothing of such skullduggery.

Ahem, ahem, I couldn’t possibly comment :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Ross. :wink:

Leave the clock as is until you finish your trip. That is what I was told back on the days of paper discs. If you put it back you will have at some point an overlap of an hour on two card which might take some explaining. This is assuming that you leave the card in to record rest periods.

Not sure if it will have any effect on a digi though because they record at UST whatever the local time is set at.

Cheers
Neilf

Years ago was hady when going forward

When u put dispaly clock back be the same as utc time then

You could technically chamge the click to singapore time if you wished and wint make a difference to the utc time tacho records in

Back in the day, it was quite common to leave the clock as it was, but to set out on a trip with yesterday’s date written on the first couple of cards so you could show a 24 off midweek that you hadn’t actually had. :wink:

Just to be certain, a driver cannot change the time on a digital unit :wink:

Wheel Nut:

I’m sure I read on here that you can change it by a minute a week or something?

Harry Monk:

Wheel Nut:

I’m sure I read on here that you can change it by a minute a week or something?

yes, one minute, not one hour or even 30 minutes in India :wink: