Changes to PCV 101 Restriction Code

Has anyone seen the changes to the 101 restriction code for PCV drivers. Looks like this came in last month and will affect new PCV entrants who have D vocational restrited and / or D1 with 101 restriction.
nolgvbrokers.co.uk/blog/2013 … n-changes/

gov.uk/driver-certificate-o … red-rights

Who has ‘acquired rights’

You’ll have ‘acquired rights’ if you’re a:
lorry driver and got your vocational licence (C, C1, C+E and C1+E) before 10 September 2009
bus or coach driver and got your vocational licence (D, D1, D+E and D1+E) before 10 September 2008 - this includes a restricted vocational licence D(101) issued after 1991 and D1(101) issued before 1997

I doubt if this will apply to many on here as it is very much a bus issue. But watch out. I’ve checked today with DSA (only took 37 minutes to get an answer!) and anyone on grandfather rights with the 101 for D1 does have to complete 35 hours periodic training as stated. BUT, when you’ve completed this and passed the driving test, the system wont automatically tie up the two facts and issue the Driver Qualification Card. The candidate will need to email the cpc unit at DSA and request the card.

I personally think the first problem will come when we try to upload the driver information to get the cpc credit as there wont be a valid licence in place to “attach” the training to.

Such joy!

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Peter Smythe:
I doubt if this will apply to many on here as it is very much a bus issue. But watch out. I’ve checked today with DSA (only took 37 minutes to get an answer!) and anyone on grandfather rights with the 101 for D1 does have to complete 35 hours periodic training as stated. BUT, when you’ve completed this and passed the driving test, the system wont automatically tie up the two facts and issue the Driver Qualification Card. The candidate will need to email the cpc unit at DSA and request the card.

I personally think the first problem will come when we try to upload the driver information to get the cpc credit as there wont be a valid licence in place to “attach” the training to.

Such joy!

As the LGV C1 will also be on the pre 97 licence then uploading should not be an issue

The DSA DCPC hotline stated that auto inclusion of the PCV will be up and running in about a month

They also stated that the DQC includes all categories (Does it?) and its only the licence that states which can be actually driven which mmeans if category on licence then a current DQC allows that to be driven commercially

I agree Peter, it is more a D issue however we were (until we realised the change) advising customers that if they wanted to drive a minus bus commercially and they have the 101 restriction they would have to do Mods 1,2,3 and 4.

This is clearly no longer the case. It just would have been given a heads up on this one! I understand the DSA are now going to send out an alert to TP’s (thanks Rog).

hgvlgvtraining:
I understand the DSA are now going to send out an alert to TP’s (thanks Rog).

They said they would … we wait and see …

As the LGV C1 will also be on the pre 97 licence then uploading should not be an issue

It could be an issue if the candidate has undertaken a bus specific course. Clearly, if the course is generic to both bus and truck, then the dcpc will be issued as the system recognises the C1.