Changes to german road tax

Hi all just a question on how the changes that happen on the 1.8.12. The machines are saying that all federal roads in germany need road tax .My atlas is a good german one and it does not mention wich roads are federal or bundestrasse as it said on the german warning. i know the answer is to have a box fitted but the tight gits i work for wont have it even tho me truck is only 3 weeks old and the box will pay for itself many time over in the 4 years il have it. Any help will be great. cheers …chester

Looking at some random blurb on the interweb:
tagesschau.de/inland/lkwmaut126.html,
it seems that the Maut will be applied to “dual carriageways that are of motorway standard and are connected to the motorway network”. About 1000kms in total.

cheers mate, spose iv gotta find another map with new include roads on

chester1:
cheers mate, spose iv gotta find another map with new include roads on

Hi chester1,

I hope these links help:

Explanation from TOLL COLLECT

And a downloadable map in .pdf format that’s possibly helpful…

Maut MAP

cheers diesel dave both links of use …chester1

Inselaffe:
Looking at some random blurb on the interweb:
tagesschau.de/inland/lkwmaut126.html,
it seems that the Maut will be applied to “dual carriageways that are of motorway standard and are connected to the motorway network”. About 1000kms in total.

I like this bit…

Durch die Ausdehnung der Mautpflicht soll unter anderem vermieden werden, dass Spediteure ihre Lastwagen auf Bundesstraßen umleiten, um die Lkw-Maut auf Autobahnen zu sparen.

:open_mouth: Would hauliers really re-route their trucks onto national roads to avoid the motorway toll and save money??

:laughing: :laughing: Talk about stating the bleedin’ obvious… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Never mind, now they’ve noticed… Ordnung muss [noch] sein. :wink:

Cheers for the map, Dave :wink:

Indeed it seems to be dual carriageways that are directly connected to the Autobahn network that are now to be subject to the Maut.

Doubtless my trusty OBU (On Board Unit) (for non German speakers this roughly translates as “on board unit” in English :wink: ) will be on the case to divert more folding beer tokens to The Man :imp:

dieseldave:
:open_mouth: Would hauliers really re-route their trucks onto national roads to avoid the motorway toll and save money??

Come to the Bundesstrasse of your choice and observe a never ending stream of BG, BY, CZ, EST, H, LT, LV, PL, RO, RUS, SK, SLO, UA winding their merry way through the mainly scenic German countryside.

Inselaffe:
Come to the Bundesstrasse of your choice and observe a never ending stream of BG, BY, CZ, EST, H, LT, LV, PL, RO, RUS, SK, SLO, UA winding their merry way through the mainly scenic German countryside.

Hi Inselaffe,

It might just be the way that I read the info in the link, but I thought I detected some surprise in their explanation of why they had found it necessary to extend the scope of the Maut to include the Bundesstrassen.

Surely, they must have considered this at the inception of the Maut, but maybe they didn’t… :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

dieseldave:
Surely, they must have considered this at the inception of the Maut, but maybe they didn’t… :laughing: :laughing: :grimacing:

The bleedin’ obvious is something the Teutons sometimes struggle to get to grips with :laughing:

Inselaffe:
… my trusty OBU (On Board Unit) (for non German speakers this roughly translates as “on board unit” in English :wink: ) …

This talk of OBUs has reminded me of a song by my favourite German group, and you can even sing along!! :grimacing:

Moin, moin!

Unfortunately, Dave, your video has fallen foul of the Gema (Gesellschaft für musikalische Aufführungs- und mechanische Vervielfältigungsrechte) in their ongoing campaign to block all YouTube videos in The Fatherland that are deemed to be in infringement of copyright.

(For Gema, think Gestapo but in a jaunty 6/8 time :wink: )

However, I was able to do a bit of interwebbery and circumvent the clutches of said Gema :slight_smile:

Hadn’t heard this before, so thanks for that.

Was particularly enamoured of the line 

"Oder wie wär’s mit chicken ?" 

"Ich will nichts schicken! Ich will was essen!" 

:laughing:

Neudeutsch, don’t get me started… :imp: :imp: