Changes to CPC Training by JAUPT/DVSA

Quote from JAUPT this morning.

Subject: Obtaining a DQC with Acquired Rights JAUPT:0947

Laurie,

Since the acquired rights deadline has passed DVSA has received requests from members of the public, who wish to return to vocational driving, asking how they can obtain a DQC. DVSA has considered these requests in the context of the government’s desire to support driver recruitment and reduce the potential burden to the industry and has decided that they will now allow drivers with a full licence to gain their first DQC via either periodic training or completion of modules two and four. For further information on modules two and four please visit: gov.uk

This provision will apply to a driver’s first DQC only - any subsequent renewal will require periodic training to be completed. DVSA envisages this will have very limited impact on approved trainers and anticipate as more drivers enter the industry the demand for Driver CPC periodic training will ultimately be increased.

how do I go about doing modules two and four? are there any training materials available? or do I need to contact a training provider?

jbaz73:
how do I go about doing modules two and four? are there any training materials available? or do I need to contact a training provider?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=125245&p=1950313#p1950313

As a pre 97 C1 holder I decided to go down the module 2 and 4 route when they changed the policy. As the online booking system hasn’t been updated to reflect the change, I had to phone Pearson-Vue directly. They then had to run an eligibility check to confirm that I can do module 2. This took about two weeks to come back. They then contacted me and had to do a manual over-ride of the computer system so that I could book the case studies test. Passed that on Saturday and am now trying to get the mod 4 asap but there appears to be a shortage of examiners and a backlog of candidates. I’m looking at three weeks before I can get a test unless there’s a cancellation. If you’re in a hurry to get your first DQC you might be quicker doing a week of 35hrs.

its down to personal choice, there is a price difference and delays with either options, best to ask training providers for your options, choose what suits you best, we offer both routes and driver training can be counted towards DCPC hours.

its down to personal choice, there is a price difference and delays with either options, best to ask training providers for your options, choose what suits you best, we offer both routes and driver training can be counted towards DCPC hours.

Same with us. Worth reminding folks this only applies to those who already have C1, probably by passing their car test before 1997.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

The ability to take Mod 2 & 4 applies to C, C1 or even CE licence holders and also applies even if they have completed some a periodic training. So someone who has done 21 hours could suddenly change and do Mod 2 & 4.

As for cost I can’t see there’s much difference. A 35 hour course with us is £255. The local training school charges about £250 in total for Mod 2 & 4 including a bit of training. We run a Monday to Friday 35 hour course every other week so not much of a wait whereas Mod 2 & 4 would definitely take much longer just because of the DVSA systems.