Changes to CE licence

I’ve been told that the DSA are thinking of changing the rules again so that if you pass in a W+D you will get a restriction code and will need to test in an artic to get the full C+E. Any trainers who can confirm or deny this? Supposedly coming in Sept.

No substance to that one.

But will have to be loaded from Sept.

Hope that helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

1968kg:
I’ve been told that the DSA are thinking of changing the rules again so that if you pass in a W+D you will get a restriction code and will need to test in an artic to get the full C+E. Any trainers who can confirm or deny this? Supposedly coming in Sept.

Who told you that ? !!!

ROG:

1968kg:

Who told you that ? !!!

I’m guessing it was someone who was waiting in a RDC :smiley:

It was a trainer that told me and he also thinks that the new rules regarding loading apply to all ages of truck not just post 2007.
To be clear he just said that he heard it was being discussed not that it would necessarily happen and obviously would only apply to new drivers anyway.

1968kg:
It was a trainer that told me

DCPC trainer or LGV instructor ?

Both, I was speaking to him about training for my CatC as he’d been recommended by a friend.
It seems from another thread that he was right about the new loaded vehicle rules but as far as my question is concerned it’s of no matter to me as I hope to have passed CE before Sept anyway.

The dilemma I have is that the guy I spoke to only does CatC which means going elsewhere for CE.
He is not expensive because there is no VAT, so that obviously appeals, but then I’ll have to get used to another setup for CE.

There was and still is a restriction code on some licences which dates from the change to the EU style licences from around 1991. Perhaps someone’s misinterpreted this?