change overs

how do you work the times out , do you sit down with boss , t.o or what. :question:
got told last week my new job [again :unamused: ] would be changing with another driver at 00.30 , its not possible too do the job ive got to do and get back by 00.30 by driving legally , to do it youd have to have no roadworks,traffic and r.t.a,s and drive on the limiter everywhere, have your breaks on change overs etc, etc.
ive got back in the past by 00.30 by doing the above by pushing to the limit [ i suppose ive cut my own throat :frowning: ] but now i dont want to chase round like a headless chicken ,worrying how many sppeeding tickets there might be on the desk on a morn etc etc.[ ive seen the light]
so i wrote out a detailed list of how long the night would be by doing everything by the book[ not taking the zb but fair and legal.] ,im going to be back a hour later i.e 1.30 , t.o not amused , just kept saying yea whatever aqnd stormed off.
im expecting a visit to the office on mon , im not changing my times whatever but just wondered how other firms worked there change over times :question:

Having done a lot of it on agency it’s down to two things:

1. Just set off and get there whenever you do
  2. From experience.

They all work there times out the same way…

1st they get there favourite brown nosing blue eyed boy to do the run and it takes say 8hrs 45 mins…(he always drives the newest motor so he drives careful and steady at all times plus he knows he will not get pulled up by the office over his hours which he always seems to get about 20-30 more in a week)

Then they make sure every other driver hears via the grapevine how long it took blue eyes to do it , So then you muppets go out and do it flat out thinking you are making blue eyes look like a right lazy ■■■ and do the run in 7hr 15mins and then you spend the rest of time moaning how you gotta do the job on the limiter… :unamused:

See easy when you think about it :wink:

I am going to be doing a change over soon at Thurrock but it will be easier than metting a driver coming from elsewhere as he will be tucked up in his bunk and I will have the privelage of waking him up at 6 a.m.!!!.

At B&Q we used to do a change over with the Scots lads at Gretna services but in typical dumb headed T.M. style this is how it worked

The Scots lads left Cambuslang at 18:00 talking them just under 2 hours to Gretna , we left Worksop at 18:00 it took us about 3h45 to get there so the Scots lads were always sat there twiddling their thumbs for well over an hour , our second truck used to leave Worksop at 20.00 to meet the same Scots driver who went up to Cambuslang and back (had a break at Cambuslang) to Gretna returning about 02:00 and of course our driver had been there 2 hours waiting on the on the second change over, we suggested the times be altered to the pig headed know EVERYTHING T.M. but to this day i am sure they still do it exactly the same way.

They dont use P.O.A. they use work for everything apart from breaks so all they were doing was wasting working hours.