change of address

the car is taxed now so i can send my docs away without fear of not having them back in time. the V5 and licence arent an issue but what about my tacho? i know losing the card has to be reported and i can still work for a week while i await a replacement but what is the score with changing address?

scanny77:
the car is taxed now so i can send my docs away without fear of not having them back in time. the V5 and licence arent an issue but what about my tacho? i know losing the card has to be reported and i can still work for a week while i await a replacement but what is the score with changing address?

to change address on your digital tacho you need to fill out a form not sure the exact one but you send that off and on it gives you a choice of where to collect your new card from either your local dvla office or vosa testing station

you will then recieve a letter teling you when your new card is ready and you take your old card along and exchange it for your new one with your new address details on

hope this helps

yes it does help. thanks. i think i might wait until i dont rely on it for an income though just to be on the safe side and send the lot off together. i had a right old run around getting my tacho the first time and i cant afford the time to do that just now. im working flat out while its available and i am switching from weekly to monthly pay. i cant afford any ■■■■ ups with my tacho. my licence never gets checked but i need my tacho 11 days a fortnight :confused:

scanny77:
yes it does help. thanks.

Might have helped you more if you had actually read the reply. :unamused: :unamused:

scanny77:
but i need my tacho 11 days a fortnight :confused:

And you will have it 14 days a fortnight, you don’t send it off for an address change so it doesn’t matter if they take a while or ■■■■ up your new card because you won’t be without the old one. You will only surrender your current card when your new one has been issued and you go to collect it.

scanny77:
yes it does help. thanks. i think i might wait until i dont rely on it for an income though just to be on the safe side and send the lot off together. i had a right old run around getting my tacho the first time and i cant afford the time to do that just now. im working flat out while its available and i am switching from weekly to monthly pay. i cant afford any ■■■■ ups with my tacho. my licence never gets checked but i need my tacho 11 days a fortnight :confused:

no matter what happens , you will never be without your digi card that you have now, u dont send it off or anything, you simply wait to be told your new card is ready for collection and go exchange it and then you have your new one to use then mate trust me as have done it a few times over last few years with change of address n never had a problem

Isnt it 14 or 15 days you can run without your digi card or am I talking turd?

Cant you keep your old card :smiley: or do they have a way of de-activating it?

scottishcruiser:
Cant you keep your old card :smiley: or do they have a way of de-activating it?

You hand the old card in when you collect your new card. Even if you did keep the card somehow, claiming it was lost for instance, the new card has a different number and that number will be cancelled. So, if you are stopped in a check and they check your card they will see you are running with an old card.

Just been through this myself, but when the letter came it had the new card attatched to it, so at present I have 2 digi cards.

Makes no odds to me as it was last used in Dec 08 and will prob not be used again till Dec 10 if then at all, but just shows they don’t do what they say.

Coffeeholic:

scanny77:
yes it does help. thanks.

Might have helped you more if you had actually read the reply. :unamused: :unamused:

scanny77:
but i need my tacho 11 days a fortnight :confused:

And you will have it 14 days a fortnight, you don’t send it off for an address change so it doesn’t matter if they take a while or ■■■■ up your new card because you won’t be without the old one. You will only surrender your current card when your new one has been issued and you go to collect it.

i did read it! i dont have time to go running off to edinburgh though since all i am doing now is working and sleeping so i will wait until i do have the time :unamused: