Champix tablets

anybody on here stopped smoking on these?

yep used them and not smoked for a year there are lot of side effects but as im sure you can appriciate everyone is different all i had was bad wind for a week or two my work mate used them and his mood was so evil he would fly off handle over the littlest thing there was a story of a bloke in fordingbridge who killed his family was on these tablets but that was only one of the factors to why he went mad by all accounts i took them and im almost pretty normal never had urge to kill anyone no more than normal anyway :smiley:

me too used them and haven’t smoked since 28 feb 2010
did have mood swing but ok had cravings but just ignored them
you need will power but it can be done :smiley:
go for it

I used strong will and did not touch any since than :sunglasses:

I tried them once and ■■■■■■■ hated them, made me feel really rough, so in the end i used will power and havn’t smoked for nearly a year, still find it hard sometimes though.

yeh i was on 30 a day at least n i had my last one at 11 on friday morning n so far so good i havent really craved one but i am really ratty with r lass but she understands. Its nice to hear some success storys for once some of the reviews on the net are quite concerning but its gotta be better than the big c

yeah,i’ve used them,been stopped 18 months now,still miss it sometimes but no cravings at all really
no side effects at all from taking the tablets,did about 6 weeks on them :smiley:

I am taking them at the mo. Have to say they are the best stop smoking aid i have ever tried. I havn’t smoked for around 40 days so early days at the moment but i’m doing okay. I have experianced a few side effects such as what i call crazy legs :laughing: :laughing: when trying to sleep. Every time i tried to sleep for around 2 wks my legs would ache like mad but its okay now. Had a couple of days when i just felt drained.but apart from that no other probs. Oh & don’t take them on an empty stomach as it made me feel sick.
I have tried quitting in the past with patches but found i was craving all the time but with these it has altered my thinking & i have found i have not craved nearly as much using these & the days have flown by.
Try them & see for yourself

I did quit using them…but have started again…must admit…i actually enjoy a smoke with a nice cuppa…

Yep, I used them to stop. I was smoking 15 small Cafe Creme cigars a day for years, so pretty addicted. The doc suggested I try the Champix course and having tried pretty much everything else I thought, “what have I got to lose?”

Three years later I still don’t smoke, and I have never had a craving to start again since I stopped.

That said, there’s plenty of people I’ve heard who’ve had very bad reactions, so I guess it’s different strokes and all that!

Keep it up and be proud you kicked the habit for ever more!

my main problem is/was willpower i have little due to my work hours whilst taking tablets i hung around with people who did smoke which i think helped i stopped taking tablets early to make sure i wasnt dependant on them i still get the occasional craving but it disappears within seconds and i still enjoy the smell of smoke and i enjoy not payin for them only think which did annoy was i bought a pack of 10 the day before the tablets kicked into the point i didnt feel like smoking so i got pack of ten sat on my pc to remind me not to start again

Yes, used champix to give up.not smoked for 7 months now. Bought a new Triumph Tiger 800 XC with the money I was spendin on ■■■■ so cannot afford to start again anyway.
No real side effects, I was a bit ratty with the missus but not too bad she says.
Champix has to be the easiest way to give up smoking there is. A lot of the side effects mentioned in the leaflet that come with them are side effects of not smoking anyway, but there are some serious ones that need to be watched out for. I was lucky had none really and a mate who did it at same time was also ok and is still off em.
:laughing:

I gave up using will power alone was hard but done it not had any for a approx 7 yrs now& still dot crave them

It dont matter weather you smoke or not for the big C as my dad never smoked in his life & he died of it was in his lungs bowel liver but does make you feel better

I stopped smoking using them. What I found was that when I first started taking them I was smoking double what I usually smoked for about a week and then one lunch time I lit a ■■■ and put it out instantly as i didn’t want it. That was three years ago but I have started again recently…