cfs

Can anyone tell me anything about cranleigh freight?what the jobs like?time away?

2 weeks away mainly shipol,lux last i heard from a mate it was £480 a week take home but for that your more than likely be parked up in either airport for days !!! good luck hope this helped

there’s a member of trucknet works for them but he puts pictures of his work on concert trucking not airport stuff so not sure if they do lots of different work

Re-arrange the following to make a well-known phrase or expression.

Them

Touch

A bargepole

With

Don’t

garybow41:
Can anyone tell me anything about cranleigh freight?what the jobs like?time away?

Usually 2 or 3 weeks away a lot of weekend airfreight Schiphol, Lux, Ostend a lot of day/night work. So you having 24s off in the week to swap from days to nights.

any cfs drivers on here tell me anything positive?thanx for replys,wbis, i think they do some other work like concerts, exhibitions and stuff,but there main thing is airfreight.

if there is anything positive :confused:

garybow41:
any cfs drivers on here tell me anything positive?thanx for replys,wbis, i think they do some other work like concerts, exhibitions and stuff,but there main thing is airfreight.

They do some exhibition work some F1 work and Red bull air race, but most of the work is airfreight. The plus side the trucks are OK and the money goes in the bank on time. Cannot be all bad I have been there 20yrs along with a few of the other drivers, but a lot come and go that cannot put up with the day/night working.
Have a look here to see some of the work we do http://www.cfs-drivers.co.uk/photos/index.php

A couple of random posts from the TruckNet archives…

BuzzardBoy:
Cranleigh’s do Airfreight and were looking for drivers about 3 weeks ago, I know because they offered me a job, which once i’d finished laughing at the wages i turned down…

Steve Rogers:
Worked for cranleigh up until january when finally had enough of there working practices! used to do 5 weeks away and then begrudged a few days off at end of it, final straw being suspended then havin my truck taken off me and made a float driver due to having to take time off with food poisioning ,first time taken off sick in 2 years, this is just one of many incidents that take place within this company, good luck to anyone who works for this shower!

In fairness, they do have a drivers’ forum which projects a different view, here cfs-drivers.co.uk/forum/index.php

In fairness, they do have a drivers’ forum which projects a different view, here cfs-drivers.co.uk/forum/index.php
[/quote]
Check out the Malcom’s diary’s section,don’t know if this is a wind up but one guy reckon’s he did a trip to Iraq and Afganistan loaded with baked beans for the Naafi. :confused:
In fact after reading the rest of his ‘diaries’ I’m convinced he should come on this forum :laughing:

thornypete1:
Check out the Malcom’s diary’s section,don’t know if this is a wind up but one guy reckon’s he did a trip to Iraq and Afganistan loaded with baked beans for the Naafi. :confused:
In fact after reading the rest of his ‘diaries’ I’m convinced he should come on this forum :laughing:

I would say that is is meant to be treated as satire :wink:

Harry Monk:

thornypete1:

I happened to be on the train one day and was “approached” by a CFS driver who wanted to know, or more correct tell me about my own job. I am not sure how long he worked there but if it was that good, then why would he leave to go to CFS. I knew he was a CFS driver from the logo on his Hiviz vest :stuck_out_tongue:

What’s more he told me all about his load of chemicals and how it was so dangerous none of the ferries were allowed to carry it :open_mouth:

It seemed like a long one - way conversation within 50 minutes but he managed to ask me about any jobs and if I could give him the phone number. I was so riveted I went for a ■■■■, twice.

Harry Monk:
A couple of random posts from the TruckNet archives…

BuzzardBoy:
Cranleigh’s do Airfreight and were looking for drivers about 3 weeks ago, I know because they offered me a job, which once i’d finished laughing at the wages i turned down…

Steve Rogers:
Worked for cranleigh up until january when finally had enough of there working practices! used to do 5 weeks away and then begrudged a few days off at end of it, final straw being suspended then havin my truck taken off me and made a float driver due to having to take time off with food poisioning ,first time taken off sick in 2 years, this is just one of many incidents that take place within this company, good luck to anyone who works for this shower!

And I’m sure that forum will accurately reflect their drivers feelings about the job knowing that the gaffer wouldn’t have a clue who they were… :grimacing:

Harry Monk:

thornypete1:

It must be real he has pictures, :laughing:

Still keep in touch with few remaining cfs lads still working on there they tell me roughly 5 drivers a week r leaving each week at present so obviously the jobs the same as ever,as regard f1 work ask the lads on there who were promised the earth about it u will find them either at schipol or luxembourg !

Steve Rogers:
Still keep in touch with few remaining cfs lads still working on there they tell me roughly 5 drivers a week r leaving each week at present so obviously the jobs the same as ever,as regard f1 work ask the lads on there who were promised the earth about it u will find them either at schipol or luxembourg !

or sat at home waiting for the DVLA to get their life together. :frowning: :frowning:
Anyway what are you up to now a days Drive :question: :question:

i dropped a pallet off in lux one sunday morning for some place ended in stan at 02 00 saw a few of cfs trucks drivers sitting drinking few beers just waiting, thought glad i,m an od

Often see their drivers on the Brit ferry Ouistreham/Portsmouth route, most of those I’ve spoken to seem happy enough, could be the run that they’re on, not being air-freight.

£480 for a weeks work, surely, please tell me, you get night out money on top of that, and that the 480, is after tax?