ceva

Been doing some agency work recently for this company, and I have to say I’m quite impressed. :slight_smile:
Modern vehicles, well organised company and dont get much mythering whist out and about. :sunglasses:

aye I have done a couple of shifts out of the ashton in makerfield branch, good set of lads / vehicles

I worked for them for a while, and to be honest they are the biggest bunch of self pleasurers I have ever worked for. The lads are great but thats about it and that depot at ashton in makerfield would be a good site for target practice for the RAF

Does anybody know what job Ceva are running out of Banbury?

mfm:
I worked for them for a while, and to be honest they are the biggest bunch of self pleasurers I have ever worked for. The lads are great but thats about it and that depot at ashton in makerfield would be a good site for target practice for the RAF

Take it I just got lucky when I did my shift there then?

CEVA is the rebranded TNT, they pretty much pioneered the ‘hub’ system for trunking (at least I hope they did now I’ve opened my big mouth :laughing: ) so they should be quite good at it, I did a couple of night trunks to Atherstone, it all went well enough for me, I’ve tipped in a few of their warehouses and found them ok too, I’m sure there are some of their places that are a total nightmare though, the law of averages guarantees it.

oh aye I have to say the ashton yard is on the tight side at times as they park there tractor units straight opposite the loading bays meaning you can’t spin the trailler round, so it’s either blind side it onto a bay if your good or if your like me and every time you blindside it you end up blowing something up or causing complete mayhem, maybe even a war, spin it round at the diesel tanks and reverse into the bay area.

It’s abit of a struggle, I have been to worse places, just one of them keep it slow, check, remember to smile and wait for the bump!

mfm:

It seems most people disagree with you.

redbob:

mfm:

It seems most people disagree with you.

It does seem that way,but having worked for them full time i was probably messed about a bit more than some body who has done some shifts for the agency. But thats the great thing about forums like this one every body is entitled to their own opinions, it is not my intention to offend anyone.

mfm

Hi,I work for Ceva in Bristol,ok we all have the usual gripes e.g low pay,rotten shifts but on the whole its the easiest job I’ve ever had.
Bubbs.

bubbleman:
Hi,I work for Ceva in Bristol,ok we all have the usual gripes e.g low pay,rotten shifts but on the whole its the easiest job I’ve ever had.
Bubbs.

:open_mouth: I was there last night! :smiley:

That shunter guy is a really nice fella, helped me get into bay 2 which is a little on the tight side :blush:

Redbob,I’ve driven artics for many a year…Bay 1 makes me sweat a bit I can tell you :smiley: :smiley:
Bubbs, :wink:

washy jnr:

Aston Martin.

bubbleman:
Redbob,I’ve driven artics for many a year…Bay 1 makes me sweat a bit I can tell you :smiley: :smiley:
Bubbs, :wink:

I wouldnt even attempt bay 1 :blush: I did notice someone had knocked the little wall over :laughing:

I worked for ceva in bristol for a while but had too many probs with the management & walked out!!! On one occasion i was sent out with what i thought was 2 drops in a curtainsider. Opened rear doors before hooking upto trailer to check load security & correct load etc etc. Anyway on manifest it said do 2 drops then return to base for 2nd job. Got to first drop opened curtains & noticed 4 pallets right at the front full of beer to which i had no paperwork for. I rang base & told them & soon found out it was put on my trailer by mistake. I asked them if i should deliver said pallets & was told to await a call. They rang me back & i was told to deliver them if i could but no1 seemed to know where they were destined to. I looked at the name on the pallets & managed to work out roughly where abouts the place was & after alot of head scratching & asking people of the whereabouts of said company i finally found it & dropped pallets off. This had taken me much longer then my origanal 2 drops. On return to base i removed tacho filled truck & went in to sign off after a long day. To my amazement i got a bollocking from the managers for not returning to base for a second drop. Even when i explained what had happened they still insisted i should of returned to base as instructed. Well i told them to stick the job up their a s s :smiling_imp:
That was the last straw in a long line of mishaps & for £7 something an hour i for one wasnt gonna put up with it

M G b:

washy jnr:

Aston Martin.

Thanks,that would explain the tall curtainsiders,i take it theyre running parts into Gaydon plant then??

washy jnr:

M G b:

washy jnr:

Aston Martin.

Thanks,that would explain the tall curtainsiders,i take it theyre running parts into Gaydon plant then??

Not sure but i’vs heard they store cars and parts in the coffee factory warehouse. I’ve seen covered transporter trucks in and out as well as the curtainsiders.

The place I go to in hams hall {leggetts] is to be taken over by ceva next week,the staff reduced and paperwork at gate a few of their drivers have started at the place i’m at in garretts green out of six to start monday only one left, suppose the conclusion to that is, they had it cushy/easy or our place is excrement

mucksavaga:
The place I go to in hams hall {leggetts] is to be taken over by ceva next week,the staff reduced and paperwork at gate a few of their drivers have started at the place i’m at in garretts green out of six to start monday only one left, suppose the conclusion to that is, they had it cushy/easy or our place is excrement

I know the Hams Hall place.
I have been there.
You have got the mad dogs running wild in their run at the back of the trailer park.
I thought I was in a Polish \ African \ Asian ndc rolled into one.
The office girls were Polish.
Most of the warehouse staff were African.
The security staff were all Asian.
As for Garrets Green…
You were right about the excrement.

Where are Hams Hall & Garretts Green btw? :blush:

I’m with ceva til crimbo and will probably end up going to them but up to now only been to Leeds, Ashton & Bristol. :confused: