Centre of gravity - Cpc module 4

Were is the centre of gravity on a 6x2 unit with a tri axle skelly carrying a 45’ box ?

mark h:
Were is the centre of gravity on a 6x2 unit with a tri axle skelly carrying a 45’ box ?

never had any questions like that when i did cpc :s

I read it’s 1 of them, they ask you to point out the centre of gravity on the truck

Is the box loaded?
And with what?
And did someone sensible load it?

Is this a trick question? :stuck_out_tongue:

Not a trick question chaps, the box will have 7 tonne of cereal on board, am taking a mate with me to do his Cpc tommoro but he will be demonstrating on my unit and he had heard the examiner may ask him were the centre of gravity is ■■

drive axle.

mark h:
Not a trick question chaps, the box will have 7 tonne of cereal on board, am taking a mate with me to do his Cpc tommoro but he will be demonstrating on my unit and he had heard the examiner may ask him were the centre of gravity is ■■

Usually around the middle point between the front trailer wheel and the rear axle of the unit assuming equal weight distribution I’d have thought.

i would say in the middle of the truck?

It’s half way across the length of the truck then half way up (height) of the centre of the box and in the centre of the box, that’s how I answered it mate and got 100 %

Kevwall:
It’s half way across the length of the truck then half way up (height) of the centre of the box and in the centre of the box, that’s how I answered it mate and got 100 %

Spot on Kev will ring ya tommoro mate

Sound mate, have you got it tomorrow yeh

Kevwall:
Sound mate, have you got it tomorrow yeh

Yer got to take the truck up there tommoro so it can be done on that

Good luck!
Being a scouser you should know if you rob the wheels or burn
A car out with the tyres melted it will have a lower centre of
Gravity!

I got 100% for it also.

just walk to the back of the vehicle and point to the middle of the back. That’s what i did

In my experience some foreign prat will have stacked engine castings up to the roof at the front of the box, then spread the seven tonnes of cereals across the remainder of the floor.

Just my pathetic attempt at a joke. Above posts are far more accurate.
And infinitely more sensible.

you will know where it it is when its on its side…

:wink: :wink: :wink:

gravity is the agent that gives weight to objects with mass and causes them to fall to the ground when dropped.

And this is supposed to make drivers more clever?

FFS

GRAvITY! :open_mouth: it’s in the middle! :unamused: :laughing: :sunglasses: :grimacing: