Central Scotland - Experience (and hours advice) wanted!

Central Scotland area

Hi

Newbie here so hope my post is OK

I have been in the same job for 22 years and I have had my LGV1 for bout 15 years, and for the past 12 I haven’t used it. I am looking for someone who understands what its like to be in need of a hand up, and sometimes just at the right time then these chances come along and hopefully someone will need a driver part time at weekends.

Anyway, I am looking for someone to help me get re-experienced behind the wheel of a Class 1. As I said, I havent been behind the wheel of a Class 1 for 12 years, and in need of some “on the job” training in all aspects of the job - in return for some faith, I can work weekends, on my Leave days from my full time job and any other opportunities that are available to us both

Anyone interested - or does anyone know of anyone who would give me this chance!!!

Thanks

Clansman007:
Newbie here so hope my post is OK

Hi Clansman007,

Your post is spot-on in here mate (even though you’re actually an old hand. :wink: )

I’m glad you gave your location, because it will help those who have local knowledge to advise you.

Clansman007:
I can work weekends, on my Leave days from my full time job and any other opportunities that are available to us both

It’s possible that there are some implications for your available drivers’ hours if you have another job.

This link may help:

:arrow_right: Can I do occasional agency work at weekends? - SAFETY, LAW AND WORKING TIME DIRECTIVE FORUM (INTE - Trucknet UK

Please feel free to ask any questions. :smiley:

Dieseldave

Cheers for the advice and support. I work 36 hours but not driving during this period since I changed jobs so I take it if I was to work over the weekend, then I would be well within the regulations - is that correct :blush:

Clansman007:
Dieseldave

Cheers for the advice and support. I work 36 hours but not driving during this period since I changed jobs so I take it if I was to work over the weekend, then I would be well within the regulations - is that correct :blush:

Hi Clansman007,

From the info you’ve given, it looks like you’ll have some options open to you, but I’ll not confuse you by writing what I think is the case.

:bulb: I’d say its far better that the info comes from somebody who can set out the answer more understandably than I can. :wink: :blush: :blush:

Watch this space. :smiley:

Dieseldave wrote

> From the info you’ve given, it looks like you’ll have some options open to you, but I’ll not confuse you by writing what I think is the case.
>
> :bulb: I’d say its far better that the info comes from somebody who can set out the answer more understandably than I can. :wink: :blush: :blush:
>
> Watch this space. :smiley:

Sounds quite good then, there must be someone in Central Scotland who is or knows someone who could use a part-timer at the weekends and other times thru the year to cover sick or holiday leave and is willing to pass on their experience

After all, we all have to start somewhere :laughing:

Thanks Dieseldave - any other advice is much appreciated

shanks the timber merchants in coatbridge are looking for someone to cover weekends.I know this because they phoned me on thursday,but i cant commit to weekends so had to say no.they said thet would advertise it on the jobsite web page,good luck.

laughingboy007:
shanks the timber merchants in coatbridge are looking for someone to cover weekends.I know this because they phoned me on thursday,but i cant commit to weekends so had to say no.they said thet would advertise it on the jobsite web page,good luck.

Cheers laughingboy007, might give them a call and see what the story is

Thanks again

BUMP :wink:

Saw the job at Shanks on the Jobcentre website, emailed the contact but never received a reply - which I take to be filled by now. :confused:

Still no furthrt forward, but I will keep looking. Right place at the right time is whats required, or someone in the know…it will come

Clansman007:
Dieseldave

No, that would in all likelihood be illegal.

If you work 5 days a week in your normal job you will at most, depending on start and finish times, be able to legally work 1 day every second weekend. Your normal job counts as other work in a week in which you drive under EU regs and has to be recorded as such. With the weekly rest requirements that leaves you 1 day every other weekend available to drive.