Central London

Hiya, just looking for some advice, got a few drops in central London, going from Enfield EN3 7XY to Merton SW19 3■■, sat nav (truck one) takes me through central London and over the A3 London Bridge and round Elephant & Castle etc. Not had much central London experience in a 44t arctic, so should I be ok following truck sat nav? Or would I be better going long way round and going M25 junction 9 and straight up A24?

Then going from Merton to Greenford (Kuehne & Nagel) UB6 0AH, again central London or A3 to junction 10 M25 then round to junction 16 A40?

Cheers :smiley:

I haven’t been down London for many years, but from Enfield I would consider using North Circular, South Circular (mind the left turn at the lights at Richmond, it’s a cruncher!), leave the South Circular at Wandsworth using the A218 or A217 to Merton.
Same way back South and North Circular to Hanger Lane Gyratory and take A40 for Greenford. None of your drops/collections are actually “central London”! :wink:

I would take the A10 south, down to the A406, North Circular Road.

Follow this westbound/ southbound until you get to the A205, South Cicular Road. (You will have crossed over the River Thames.)

Follow this into the Wandsworth one way system. go all the way around until you are almost coming back on yourself and turn Left into A218 Buckholt Road.

Follow this to the A24.

Should take anything between 1.5 hours to about 3 hours.

Good luck.

i think the a10 has a weight limit going south in to london i may be wrong :blush:

i would take the m3 up into london
Dont take it through london less hassle going around the m25

The weight limited bridge on the A10 is at kingsland which is almost into the city.

Be aware though that the A10 south of the M25 is not an approved lorry route for the London Nightime restrictions. Between 2100-0700 you have to use the A1055.

Cheers
Neilf

Thanks guys, think I’ll go round north and south circulars etc then :smiley:

dpsuk999:
Thanks guys, think I’ll go round north and south circulars etc then :smiley:

Be warned there is a 14’9" bridge on the South Circular near Kew (Mortlake Road). If the M25 is running OK I would go around to Junction 10, up the A3 to New Malden and then pick up the A298. Should take around 2 hours. Just be careful at the lights at South Wimbledon because it is no right turn at certain times during the day.

A10 - North Circular - Chiswick Roundabout - South Circular over Kew Bridge ( 14’ 9" bridge Mortlake Road ) follow Southy Circular

to junction with A306 ( Roehampton Lane ) Rossly Park Rugby club on the right - A306 to A3 - to A298.

Back the same way ( tight left turn at the bottom of Roehampton Lane to get back on South Circular - own the whole road :wink: ) to Hanger Lane

I thought it was 14’ 6" :open_mouth: or was it 14’9" then just chance it because they ALWAYS shave 3" off so it will be ok! :unamused: until you hear a bang! :grimacing: :grimacing: