Censorship

I suppose the bottom line of it is this. This particular bit of webspace belongs to TNUK, and we are happy for the membership to use it, free of charge, so long as they can respect OUR rules. The original rules were far lax-er (is that a word?) but as the site grew, people stopped respecting them, so they got tighter. Blame the members that went before you. In the meantime, if you don’t wish to observe the existing rules, don’t use our webspace. It’s that simple. :wink:

Now I really am off to work. :grimacing:

Lucy:
I suppose the bottom line of it is this. This particular bit of webspace belongs to TNUK, and we are happy for the membership to use it, free of charge, so long as they can respect OUR rules. The original rules were far lax-er (is that a word?) but as the site grew, people stopped respecting them, so they got tighter. Blame the members that went before you. In the meantime, if you don’t wish to observe the existing rules, don’t use our webspace. It’s that simple. :wink:

Now I really am off to work. :grimacing:

Do you know what I won’t use your bit of the web site.
I asked a question and got treat like some kind of leper

The rules will get tighter and tighter because all people are different and see things in different ways.

All I asked is are we censored too much not are we censored by TNUK too much or by Lucy too much.
What annoyed me the most was trying to add a link for a job int the watford area it came up zb and that is a little over kill.

Language is forever evolving and words are getting used in different context all the time for example the word ■■■■■■ as several meanings some acceptable some not quite as acceptable.

■■■■■ is another in parts of the world it means great courage but in other parts it is used as slang for ■■■■■.

Why have people taken it mon themselves to be the guardian of the human race, protect them from the bad words.

marcus I have 4 children who use the PC’s in my house without any parental control software but they don’t see any ■■■■ or violence, well maybe my 12 year old looks for ■■■■■ occasionally but that’s his age.

Kids these days by the time they leave school they know more profanities than what we do and use them more than what we do.

It is part of the language and all of them are in the Oxford E nglish Dictionary passed down from generation to generation.

All I wanted was a debate on censorship but it seems like a taboo subject
I might have put it in the “wrong” place to start with but that got sorted straight away and then was belittled for asking such a question.

airhorn98:
[ Do you know what I won’t use your bit of the web site.
I asked a question and got treat like some kind of leper.

Your choice mate, but aren’t you being just a bit touchy? Nobody has treated you like a leper, some have replied agreeing or disagreeing, and some have indicated they’re bored with a constantly recurring theme. What’s wrong with that?

All I wanted was a debate on censorship but it seems like a taboo subject
I might have put it in the “wrong” place to start with but that got sorted straight away and then was belittled for asking such a question

There you go again, ‘belittled’? I don’t think so, you asked for a debate, and that is what you have got. Or did you just want everyone to agree with you?

For what it’s worth. I swear, with people I know swear. Never with people I don’t know, which means never on a website because I don’t know everyone who’s reading. You yourself said you wouldn’t swear in front of your grandparents etc., so why do you not want to have the same respect for those of others who may be reading this?

I would not go to a gardening site to talk about lorries, so for those who want to swear and talk about lorries there is a place which is just the job - but it isn’t here. Seems fair enough to me.

airhorn98:
I asked a question and got treat like some kind of leper . . . . . . . . . . . . . . then was belittled for asking such a question.

Where’s that big picture Rob uses, when you want it??!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Airhorn, I really don’t see that stomping off in a strop will solve anything. You’ll go to another forum (bar one) on any subject and find the same situation. It’s Lucy & Rikki’s train set and they’re entitled to run how they see fit, which as it happens suits the majority - that’s why they keep coming back; throwing your Teddie in the corner will be a case of ‘cutting your nose of to spite your face’.

You must’ve had more good replies/posts/debates than bad ones - you win some, you loose some. Deal with it and get back to joining in with all the other (better) debates.

OK I’ll admit defeat on this one TNUK 1 Airhorn o :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

airhorn98:

Time to dig out the trucknet “dummy”

Anyone remember who spat it out last so we can retrieve it? :laughing: :laughing:

airhorn98:
OK I’ll admit defeat on this one TNUK 1 Airhorn o :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Good result!!

Now lets change the subject to something more relevant . . . . . . .

. . . . if you were that desperate for an avatar, I’ve got a nice one with a white rose on I could’ve lent you??!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Remember - no swearing in your reply!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I voted no you never if young chideren are veiwing the site if we had a computer and the internet when I was little then I would have been looking on this site. Although Im not a lorry driver YET I have a big passion for lorries and the industry and this is a fantastic site and although I dont post on here (I’m a bit shy) the people who keep this country going seem friendly enough.

If we need to swear and it gets censored I’m sure we are clever enough to make up our own words.

Just my opinion I dont want to step on peoples toes or anything.

Keep up the good work :sunglasses:

Semtex:

airhorn98:

Anyone remember who spat it out last so we can retrieve it? :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve still got them all, ready and waiting for the next spitting session :sunglasses: .

Rob K:

Semtex:

airhorn98:

I’ve still got them all, ready and waiting for the next spitting session :sunglasses: .

You’ve not got them all, I’ve three lined up here. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

airhorn98:
What annoyed me the most was trying to add a link for a job int the watford area it came up zb and that is a little over kill.

That is a failing of the auto censor, innocent words do fall foul of it. When we are aware of a problem we can fix it so that word isn’t pulled.

It wasn’t so long ago that you couldn’t have advertised a job in, or directions to, Scunthorpe. You can now. Another example was you couldn’t talk about the Terry Wogan show, it would have been the Terry [zb] show but again as soon as we were aware of the problem it was fixed.

Coffeeholic:
Another example was you couldn’t talk about the Terry Wogan show,

See!!! The auto-censor does have its advantages!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

marcustandy:

Coffeeholic:
Another example was you couldn’t talk about the Terry Wogan show,

See!!! The auto-censor does have its advantages!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Some people love him. We had one member throw the toys out the pram and leave when Wogan got censored, before we had time to fix it.