Cenotaph this morning

Very pleased to see that the much reduced contingent of veterans at this morning’s Cenotaph ceremony included 96 year old retired London Bus Driver Ian Aitchison, who took up the traditional place at the end of the parade which was bestowed by King George V in recognition of the LGOC drivers who took their vehicles to France in 1914 .What a splendid old gentleman in his TfL uniform. He seems to have caught the eye of the press photographers as well when meeting Boris after the ceremony.

Why is that nonentity Prince Edward allowed to wear high ranking military uniforms complete with medals.
Especially somebody who couldn’t hack it in the Marines, you would think he’d be embarrassed to.
At least Prince Charles, William, and the Duke of Kent who also laid wreaths, actually are ex forces.
A bit of an insult to those who have served,.and especially to those who died for their country whilst wearing one I reckon.
I’ve watched these ‘stolen valour’ vids on you tube, where fake ex.serviceman are outed, so what’s the difference in his case exactly?

Btw…I noticed Randy Andy was conspicuous by his absence. :laughing:

Young Harry not there either, wife wouldn’t let him out?[emoji848]. Respect to the fallen, our local memorial had a decent crowd paying our respects(socially distanced of course) despite the council actively discouraging it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May swap it next week for Happy Christmas :smiley: first yr ever I’ve not been to a remembrance service.