Rip

the maoster:
John Surtees motor racing legend. :frowning:

Rip

kcrussell25:

the maoster:
John Surtees motor racing legend. :frowning:

Rip

I’m sure John Surtees passed away a couple of years ago?

:blush: :blush: :blush: You are correct Pete, it was the anniversary of his passing! That’ll teach me to skim read soshal meeja. Apologies.

the maoster:
:oops: :blush: :blush: You are correct Pete, it was the anniversary of his passing! That’ll teach me to skim read soshal meeja. Apologies.

Still worth a mention maoster, no one will ever achieve world champion status on bikes and cars again, a one off in our lifetime. I only remember his passing, as my Uncle done a bit of motorcycle racing in the 1960’s and early 70’s using all British bikes!, and he had met Surtees, Cheer’s Pete

Charlie whiting formula one race director

■■■■ Dale. Master guitarist.Think Misirlou/Pulp Fiction.

uk.yahoo.com/news/paying-tribut … 00738.html

Roger Moore - Age 89 -

OwenMoney:
Roger Moore - Age 89 -

he died 2 years ago on the 23rd of May

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DOH - It’s on the BBC too - My wife thinks I overdid the Chateau Lafitte last night -

Peter Mayhew , chewy
Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew dies aged 74 bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48142765

blue estate:
Peter Mayhew , chewy
Chewbacca actor Peter Mayhew dies aged 74 bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-48142765

Jeez you have to get up early to beat you :smiley:

Freddie Starr.

thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9 … an-singer/

Danny Bakers’ career :laughing:

carryfast-yeti:

What was he thinking when he tweeted that pic?
What was he thinking when he saw the way it was going, and started arguing and defending it??

Franglais:

carryfast-yeti:

What was he thinking when he saw the way it was going, and started arguing and defending it??

If you have listened to the show for a long time you will know that there is a theme of famous people dressed as monkeys and this has nothing to do with race but class, although perhaps more thought should have gone into this one due to the mixed race of the baby, however I see that Alan Sugar is still employed by the BBC despite his overtly racial tweet about the Senegalise football team perhaps if it was Sir Danny Baker he would still have a job. One of the funnier characters on R5 will no doubt be replaced by someone who fits the BBC’s diversity pattern even if they are crap and devoid of talent

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

carryfast-yeti:

If you have listened to the show for a long time you will know that there is a theme of famous people dressed as monkeys and this has nothing to do with race but class, although perhaps more thought should have gone into this one due to the mixed race of the baby, however I see that Alan Sugar is still employed by the BBC despite his overtly racial tweet about the Senegalise football team perhaps if it was Sir Danny Baker he would still have a job. One of the funnier characters on R5 will no doubt be replaced by someone who fits the BBC’s diversity pattern even if they are crap and devoid of talent

I take all of that on board. Although it may not have been meant as a racist comment, once it became obvious it was open to that interpretation, he should have rethought it all.
bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p078vp7l
Whole podcast is good, but from 09-00… Danny Baker is not an Uzbeki lute player!

Franglais:

Mazzer2:

Franglais:

carryfast-yeti:

I take all of that on board. Although it may not have been meant as a racist comment, once it became obvious it was open to that interpretation, he should have rethought it all.
bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p078vp7l
Whole podcast is good, but from 09-00… Danny Baker is not an Uzbeki lute player!

Lol aye the show will be missed but people seem to get their knickers in a twist to easily these days, I see that the police are to investigate him now, that’ll be the same police force who claim to be so short of money that they can’t fight knife crime yet can investigate a non event where the man has already lost his job. The irony is not lost on the fact that they are investigating an allegedly racist picture while this weekend the teenagers who will have been stabbed in London will in the main be non white but very little will have been done to prevent their stabbings it would seem that even with a non white mayor and a PC police force poor black people are expendable while we mustn’t upset posh black people